• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aidan K

Reaction score
As sellers, do you guys nudge people that havent left feedback? I find ~50% of buyers never bother.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
As sellers, do you guys nudge people that havent left feedback? I find ~50% of buyers never bother.
Yes, I usually send a quick note after 30-40 days if I havnt heard and they havnt left feedback. I would say about 50% of the 50% (25% additional) that dont leave feedback do after you ask which brings it up to about 75% total which isnt too bad.

Aidan K

Reaction score
Fair enough, I won't worry too much about it. Thanks for the feedback.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as the feedback goes, I tend to leave feedback about 2 weeks after the buyer has purchased the item IF they haven't left it earlier (in which I'll leave feedback right after them).

I agree to those sellers who leave feedback immediately after paying, because that's our responsibility. But I've found that if they haven't left feedback after 2 weeks, and I go and leave it then, I feel that my actions then come accross to them as a reminder in receiving it to go ahead and leave it for me if they have forgotten. It has seemed to work well for me so far.

So essentially me leaving feedback 2 weeks after the purchase, works as a reminder for them to leave it.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I hate:
Buyers who win an auction and then feel the need to negotiate a better shipping rate (usually only to save what amounts to only a dollar to two). Has happened twice to me lately. A close second is when they confirm fit after winning the auction. A winner wanted sizing help on a Burberry mac that clearly was not going to fit and instead of drawing it out to a painfully and costly end I bit the bullet and said, "No, it's not going to fit. In the future please confirm sizing before bidding/winning. You will receive an transaction cancellation notice shortly."

What I love: if you can carry inventory, post a 30 day auction and someone will come along eventually and it'll be just what they're looking for. Thanks the brianpore for this; he's advocated this many times.

Brianpore

Reaction score
What I hate:
Buyers who win an auction and then feel the need to negotiate a better shipping rate (usually only to save what amounts to only a dollar to two). Has happened twice to me lately. A close second is when they confirm fit after winning the auction. A winner wanted sizing help on a Burberry mac that clearly was not going to fit and instead of drawing it out to a painfully and costly end I bit the bullet and said, "No, it's not going to fit. In the future please confirm sizing before bidding/winning. You will receive an transaction cancellation notice shortly."

What I love: if you can carry inventory, post a 30 day auction and someone will come along eventually and it'll be just what they're looking for. Thanks the brianpore for this; he's advocated this many times.
+1 HATE when someone asks about size after.... I offer free shipping so no room to negotiate that part. Find it so much easier.

And yea..... $2K GIANNI VERSACE Black Rain Jacket Sport Coat Blazer Jeans Couture XL 42 R
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Sold at BIN price of $175 after sitting on ebay for 4 months and turning down multiple offers at/under $100.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Brianpore

Reaction score
Quote: I've found all the "eh" Versace stuff ends up selling very very well if you wait... seriously it took four freaking months though!!! . I'd much rather have your quality/volume any day of the week then have to sit on 300 items and sell one or two a day but it works in the end.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I could get Spoo $'s for stuff, I'd have everything on a 10 day auction and be done with it. As it is, BIN is my friend. Can't imagine I could've gotten $75 on some Florsheim monk straps at an auction.
and hey... shameless self bump, because I want to get this shipped...

Is there a specific International Priority Mail Flat Rate Legal Envelope or will the regular one with proper postage work?

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh...

8 months preceding June - 160+ transactions, 2 non-paying bidders, 1 pretty valid return - 1.8% of total
June so far - 22 transactions, 5 nonpaying bidders, 1 return falsely claiming incorrect measurements - 27% of total.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As far as the feedback goes, I tend to leave feedback about 2 weeks after the buyer has purchased the item IF they haven't left it earlier (in which I'll leave feedback right after them).

I agree to those sellers who leave feedback immediately after paying, because that's our responsibility. But I've found that if they haven't left feedback after 2 weeks, and I go and leave it then, I feel that my actions then come accross to them as a reminder in receiving it to go ahead and leave it for me if they have forgotten. It has seemed to work well for me so far.

So essentially me leaving feedback 2 weeks after the purchase, works as a reminder for them to leave it.
I'm gonna keep on with my instant feedback upon payment, but I really do like your idea.

What I hate:

I hate when people ask me if I will consider lowering my BIN, and then when I say "Yes, No problem. What is your offer?" They offer me less than my starting bid price.
+1 HATE when someone buys a sliding board, specifically marked as pick up only, and then wants me to ship it.

And yea..... $2K GIANNI VERSACE Black Rain Jacket Sport Coat Blazer Jeans Couture XL 42 R
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Sold at BIN price of $175 after sitting on ebay for 4 months and turning down multiple offers at/under $100.
FTFY

Ugh...

8 months preceding June - 160+ transactions, 2 non-paying bidders, 1 pretty valid return - 1.8% of total
June so far - 22 transactions, 5 nonpaying bidders, 1 return falsely claiming incorrect measurements - 27% of total.
About 5% of my bidders don't pay. I've had 18 over the past 90 days and 3 were last week alone.Returns are at 12 in 90 days, cost of selling menswear. Most were for fit issues, for which I charge 10% restocking fee.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics