Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

So did a search and found a solution for my running auctions, now just have to verify my templates.

https://help.iwascoding.com/t/garagesale-response-to-ebays-new-https-google-chrome-issue/3240/6

2. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Thank you, @Shoeluv. I've been putting that whole thing off for several weeks now but that seems to have fixed it.

Assuming I have to update all of my templates in GarageSale now, right?

3. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Yeah, but that was easy too after I figured out the right steps:

1) Go to HTML view

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.24.19 AM.png

2) Click in the html and hit Command-f and check the box to the right of the find box "Replace". Type "http:" in the find area and "https:" in the replace area.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 11.26.06 AM.png
    3) Hit "All" and select your next auction, hit "All" and select your next auction all the way down. It wound up taking less than 2 minutes to do mine. Don't hit "Done" that just closes the find window.

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

It seems that my most recent listings don't have the issue with HTML that the older ones do. The ones created with GS7 seem to be fine.

5. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I posted this about a week or so ago, and I believe it is about the same topic. Mine are working about 50% of the time, but it does take a few minutes to update.

This is the error I have:

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 18.41.52.png

"Contact information and/or links to websites that take you out of eBay need to be removed for 574 listings"

Info from a week or two ago:

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

@HansderHund, this is a different issue. Listings are showing the following message because there is non-secure HTML in the body of the listing details. Apparently, GarageSale has fixed the issue for newer listings, but older ones are still getting the warning:

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 10.53.59 AM.png

7. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Ahh, okay. I have seen the button on listings, but I thought it was the result of the previous issue.

It's strange that the solution I posted about worked at first. I haven't had time to sit down and update all of the listings, but I was content to know that I had a solution.

Well, last night, I tried to quickly fix 15 listings before I left the office. Instead of the total number being reduced by 15, it increased by 15.

Today, I got 2 listings to work and the total number went down. The other 5 or 6 I've tried haven't worked.

I have no idea.

8. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

EDIT: I'm an idiot. This was literally covered one page ago. Sorry Brian for the ping.

I really apologize if this has been covered in the last 20-30 pages, but I'm busy/lazy/etc excuse. @Brianpore this is what you were asking if I had yet seen a few weeks ago. Was suspecting this would pop up at some point on desktop but I finally saw it for the first time on one of my listings. Summarized seller descriptions on desktop. (This is on a listing I haven't switched over to use the special HTML product attributes):

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 2.20.45 PM.png

9. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

That's surprising, but it's the exception to the rule.

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

You could almost say it was an outlier? :rimshot:

11. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Fuck. Why didn't I think oh this.

Thanks

12. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

Does anyone have any recommendations on receipt scanners? It looks like the Neat Receipts Mobile Document Scanner is the most common one?

I'm looking for something with the simplicity and ruggedness of a Dymo thermal printer and something that doesn't cost a huge amount. I really need to start scanning my receipts. Are there ones that have good software as well that remains updated?

Thanks!