• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks. Does he need to call them, or just wait and see?

Call, thats a no brainer. First attach a screenshot of the FB saying he got it.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That mugshot:
upload_2017-10-18_14-7-7.png

Also, for everything, you HAVE to call or you will never, ever win. They auto-side with the buyer on anything you try to email. I've even emailed evidence WHILE on the phone.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im getting ridiculous **** though..."I gained weight, I cant fit my size suit anymore".

How could you not know that before buying?

what happens with returns turned off? Ive never done it...but if I can avoid the type of people that dont read listings.

I didn't even know there was a "remove all photos" option. My solution was to hold the shift key and click "duplicate listing", which makes an identical listing, only without any photos. Then delete the first listing. But, yeah, don't need to do that anymore!

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK basic question (I guess), I'm thinking of moving to Basic Store (soon) for listings (from just the 50 free). I went through the Fee illustrator and ran some simulations and it looks good. But I'm wondering if I should start with a fresh account. Most of that eBay feed back was from things unrelated to clothing/shoes or personal purchases.

The benefits I see are:
Keeping my menswear thrifting hobby separate from any other finances.
Having a separate PayPal account with debit card to keep easy track of sales/purchases/profits etc.
Using my regular account for the odd random item or three I might sell.

Drawback: 0 Feedback.

Any thoughts?

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you start from scratch on a new account, ebay would likely limit either the number of items you can sell per month or the $ value of items you can sell per month (I think everyone starts at $500 or so). Maybe those restrictions could be waived if you get a store right away, but you might want to ask them first.

mrFurly

Reaction score
Also, for everything, you HAVE to call or you will never, ever win. They auto-side with the buyer on anything you try to email. I've even emailed evidence WHILE on the phone.
thats not true.
I had a case like this a few months ago and they sided with me.

It was a pair of Outlier pants I sold...months later they make a PP claim saying it wasnt them.
PP sided with me and I didnt even do anything.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK basic question (I guess), I'm thinking of moving to Basic Store (soon) for listings (from just the 50 free). I went through the Fee illustrator and ran some simulations and it looks good. But I'm wondering if I should start with a fresh account. Most of that eBay feed back was from things unrelated to clothing/shoes or personal purchases.

The benefits I see are:
Keeping my menswear thrifting hobby separate from any other finances.
Having a separate PayPal account with debit card to keep easy track of sales/purchases/profits etc.
Using my regular account for the odd random item or three I might sell.

Drawback: 0 Feedback.

Any thoughts?
Why not keep your current account as your primary account and create a new one for the random stuff/purchases? I don't think most people pay attention to what the feedback is for unless it's negative. You can always change your current user name, if you'd like.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WT actual F??

I was wondering what that’s all about. Now the want plain text descriptions??? They really need to stop ******* with sellers.

So did a search and found a solution for my running auctions, now just have to verify my templates.

https://help.iwascoding.com/t/garagesale-response-to-ebays-new-https-google-chrome-issue/3240/6

there's actually an easy way on ebay itself. from your seller dashboard you can select all the items you want to edit. then you have to select "bulk edit description" (something like that). there is a find/replace option. then you just type http: into the find box, and https: into the replace box. super easy. also, if you need to remove the old footer, again you can search for the code for the old footer (which is only showing up as the actual footer here for some reason):

and replace with " " (that's just 1 click of the space bar in the replace box)

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, @Shoeluv. I've been putting that whole thing off for several weeks now but that seems to have fixed it.

Assuming I have to update all of my templates in GarageSale now, right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads