• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeking: F4M BBM for LTR DTF!*

*That's "Down To Fit", you perverts!

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last update on this one. Case closed with no fault to seller, which means she can’t leave feedback.

She returned the boots with tags removed, so EBay credited me 50%. I get to relist as pre-owned...

She was lying about the length of the laces. Is anyone shocked by that? I’ll upload pics later.

Man, I don't get this. She returned the item in a different condition than how she received it and lied about the specifics (which can easily be proven). She shouldn't be getting one cent back. Ugh.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I don't get this. She returned the item in a different condition than how she received it and lied about the specifics (which can easily be proven). She shouldn't be getting one cent back. Ugh.

I’m mostly happy she can’t leave feedback. But yeah, I hate that EBay bends over backwards to appease ****** buyers.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ebay sure as hell better stand by what the CSR told me earlier this evening...

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.56.21 AM.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I just found this priceless gem (from an Ebay community forum)... I can't sleep tonight, so I'm randomly googling usernames of people who have left me negative feedback.

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 4.22.17 AM.png

Found this gem too, from the US Ebay Community forums:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-My-Account/My-eBay-Summary/m-p/25326127#M23620

i dont have any problem with sellers not sending what i have a problem with is sellers selling nothing less than filth and garbage advertised as new perfect and excellent i dont know how they touch some of this stuff let alone defile the united states postal service in my experience about 30per cent of womens clothing is not as advertised and more than 50 percent of bed linen is not only not as advertised but filthy fortunately pay pal and ebay have sided with me everytime why because of the amount that i buy and because when something is advertised and even better i waste no words in my reviews and when its garbage i say so...very clearly i have observed locally probable sellers wearing rubber glovesgoing through the detritis available at what is called the goodwill outlet store where they sell items by the pound items rejected for sale in their regular store thats what they sell on ebay they believe that anything with a recognizable label such as llbean will sell to people who know that brand and its reputation ..... unfortunately they believe that we are so happy to own llbean it doesnt matter if it is stained holey smelly or shrunk...i do look for llbean and if the buyer can not tell me where she got it i wont buy it especially if it is advertised as nwot i bought some pillowcases this month that were said to be excellent they were smelly smelly rags so this month i am not going to buy from another seller advertising her cases as excellent they may be wonderful but i dont have the time or energy to invest in the dubious pursuits of the dishonest i think ebay sellers represent a microcosm of the worlds people some excellent some better ev en than that the mediocre with no discernible taste or ethics and the rest the ones who dont care about anyone but themselves and their immediate family.. there are some highly rated sellers whose practises are noteworthy because they are bullies ive met a few of those and left the reviews they deserv i think if ebay were to see and review this garbage they would really understand the nastiness sold on ebay i would suggest one thing require that every seller provide free return label for everything they sell. i think we would have a dramatic drop in the refuse that is sent to us as excellent new unworn and nwot i would like to see that but i am nearly done with my attempt to pursue happiness on ebay. its a treacherous highway and have no time left in my life to waste

Another asshat that gave me a negative last November is following me. Not only that, I'm the only one he's following. Yeah, like he's going to be able to buy anything from me ever again...

https://www.ebay.com/usr/garzita2/all-follows?priflwtype=people#people

Last edited:

Mannerheim

Reaction score
I don't use Ebay since it seems like more of a hassle for a casual seller, but man those buyers are psychos...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm still up at almost 5:00 AM over this crap. On top of having a cold, this sucks. Only 66 minutes until I can call Ebay.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grrr....

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 6.18.15 AM.png

It's gonna take all the strength I can muster not to rub it in her face...

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 6.43.59 AM.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fueco, just curious if they gave you any **** because it was a ebay resolved closure as opposed to one in you favor.

Yes, they did. But the CSR I spoke with yesterday evening at 6:00 specifically told me that she would not be able to leave feedback. So that's pretty much the angle I had to work.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fueco, just curious if they gave you any **** because it was a ebay resolved closure as opposed to one in you favor.
I was wondering the same thing. The feedback could be easily removed. I was just curious if it would still be recorded as a "Cases closed without seller resolution" infraction. Either way, I think that motherbear500500 is the female alter ego of elvisdecanters.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. The feedback could be easily removed. I was just curious if it would still be recorded as a "Cases closed without seller resolution" infraction. Either way, I think that motherbear500500 is the female alter ego of elvisdecanters.

I was told it was closed as no fault to seller. Hopefully no defects pop up, but if it does it’ll be the only one.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was told it was closed as no fault to seller. Hopefully no defects pop up, but if it does it’ll be the only one.
You are probably in the clear. However, it would take every ounce of my willpower to not send her before and after pics of her feedback being removed. Or do people call that "feedback shaming" now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads