Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Senior member

In Canada, GSP collects and rapes you up front. USPS you can get lucky and it gets missed. If they do collect, They convert the USD to CAD and then it's 10$ + 18% duty +13% tax so it can add up quick.

2. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Question regarding funds getting put on hold (as a seller)...

If I understand this right: The "counter" (how much you sell) will be reseted periodically?
    I have 100% rating, have sold over 25 items, have sold for thousands of dollars, always sold the same type of stuff, but sill get the hold.

Does this mean that I have to continuously sell stuff, all year round, in order to get the money right away.

Kinda sucks when you're just a casual seller, mostly selling expensive items. It's almost as If I have to go out and buy a bundle of hundred ties, and sell them on a monthly basis.

Edit: I'm also a seller based in Norway, so literally 0.1% of my sales go to other Norwegians (through Ebay). The vast majority of customers are in the US, and then UK, Australia, or Hong-Kong.

I see the Ebay policy states that x number of sales only count when done domestically...so I guess that means I'll never get past the holding period? As my address is registered in Norway, and I never sell to anyone here.

3. Kazoo

Kazoo Senior member

One for the blocked list. Played the SNAD return game so he didn't have to pay shipping. Said shirt I sent was "dirty and unwearable" Came back in the same mint condition I sent it in:
    goodi.rober

4. b19pen15

b19pen15 Senior member

Off subject, but some of you might appreciate/hate this.