• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kazoo

Reaction score
Anyone know why this would get rejected? I listed a Burberry coat which was very obviously manufactured by Hickey Freeman. Should I just take out HF from the title?

"
Please use only terms that describe your item accurately.
Adding brand, celebrity, or manufacturer names to a listing that was not made by that company, person, or manufacturer isn't allowed.
Making comparisons or including unrelated terms in your listing may confuse buyers who may not understand what's actually being offered. This can result in an unsuccessful transaction and may also lead to a buyer claim being filed.
For more information on our search and browse manipulation policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/search-manipulation.html

Please understand there is an unrelated brand name "Hickey Freeman" in the title of your listing. Though you might not be fully aware of the policy in existence but as per eBay policy, only the brand name of company that manufactured or produced the item for sale should be included in the listing. Including unrelated brand names in the listing affects the search result and leads to a poor buying and searching experience on eBay. Kindly relist your item after removing unrelated brand name from the listing.

Here's a list of the item(s) that were removed:
162639398613 - Burberry London solid black 100% cashmere overcoat 44R USA Hickey Freeman SOFT

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ebay people don't have time to figure out who made what from the labels, so they see it as spamming.

Though, I would not use HF in the title or description even if I were allowed to. Burberry London is more upscale than HF, and this would unnecessarily lower the perceived value of the jacket.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why this would get rejected? I listed a Burberry coat which was very obviously manufactured by Hickey Freeman. Should I just take out HF from the title?

"
Please use only terms that describe your item accurately.
Adding brand, celebrity, or manufacturer names to a listing that was not made by that company, person, or manufacturer isn't allowed.
Making comparisons or including unrelated terms in your listing may confuse buyers who may not understand what's actually being offered. This can result in an unsuccessful transaction and may also lead to a buyer claim being filed.
For more information on our search and browse manipulation policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/search-manipulation.html

Please understand there is an unrelated brand name "Hickey Freeman" in the title of your listing. Though you might not be fully aware of the policy in existence but as per eBay policy, only the brand name of company that manufactured or produced the item for sale should be included in the listing. Including unrelated brand names in the listing affects the search result and leads to a poor buying and searching experience on eBay. Kindly relist your item after removing unrelated brand name from the listing.

Here's a list of the item(s) that were removed:
162639398613 - Burberry London solid black 100% cashmere overcoat 44R USA Hickey Freeman SOFT
Got the same thing on two listings about a week ago. I just took it out since it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to explain the relationship to the morons at eBay. Mine even said "Made by Hickey Freeman." These had been relisted a few times, so this is something recent they've done.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they're stepping up that keyword spamming filter. I had a BB suit with Zegna cloth made by Lardini, the first time I listed it they pulled it completely, after calling and explaining to ebay what's up, I got it reinstated and they altered the listing title (didn't know they could do that!) to remove the Lardini, keeping the Zegna cloth.

Kazoo

Reaction score
Thanks all. I guess I'll play their game and remove the HF reference.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI. If anyone is looking for mannequins, check to see if there are any Sears closing in your area. I wandered into one today and inquired. The lady told me $80 for mens, $75 for women, $35 (I think) for kids. Those were complete (torso, legs, arms, head). BUT, near where the Lands End display was, I saw just busts (with a rolling stand). I asked a different lady about those, and she said they were $75, but 60% off. So I grabbed one for $30 + tax.

Possibly could have done better if I hunted around, but it was convenient and exactly what I was looking for. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

Edit: Its possible the other mannequins were also 60% off, but I didn't go back to ask.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
upload_2017-8-24_21-17-48.png

block.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a $200 item to South Africa about a month ago. I used international first class shipping. The buyer has opened a "not received case". I have a tracking number that shows it accepted by USPS and shows it leaving the country. After that the tracking ends. My listing states "not responsible for items lost in the mail" Am I going to get f*cked by eBay? They have already put a freeze on my paypal money.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sold a $200 item to South Africa about a month ago. I used international first class shipping. The buyer has opened a "not received case". I have a tracking number that shows it accepted by USPS and shows it leaving the country. After that the tracking ends. My listing states "not responsible for items lost in the mail" Am I going to get f*cked by eBay? They have already put a freeze on my paypal money.

That's an expensive mistake. South Africa does not have electronic USPS delivery confirmation. In all honesty, he could have received the item. If he checks and the tracking doesn't show "Delivered," all he has to do in open a "not received" case and you are screwed. You can't insure First Class International.

bert9000

Reaction score
If it has been a month it's probably been delivered. You can ask him to wait another week but in all likelihood he's scamming you.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's an expensive mistake. South Africa does not have electronic USPS delivery confirmation. In all honesty, he could have received the item. If he checks and the tracking doesn't show "Delivered," all he has to do in open a "not received" case and you are screwed. You can't insure First Class International.

See stuff like this pisses me off where there's loopholes in ebay / paypal where people can scam you through the system. Then Ebay / Paypal doesn't do anything to protect you. Something like this happened to me early in the year for a $400 item (that I didn't thrift, but did pay $400 for, so that's $800 I was out of). I was just doing what I'm suppose to and got scammed.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that ebay might take the loss? After all I have proof that I sent it...he has no proof that he didn't get it. I try to give international buyers the best shipping cost but I guess this time it backfired. Sadly I have had about 4 or 5 successful transactions to South Africa but they will be going on the "don't go there list"
It has probably been asked quite a lot but can somebody publish a list of other "questionable countries"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads