Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. Kazoo

Kazoo Senior member

Anyone know why this would get rejected? I listed a Burberry coat which was very obviously manufactured by Hickey Freeman. Should I just take out HF from the title?

"
    Please use only terms that describe your item accurately.
    Adding brand, celebrity, or manufacturer names to a listing that was not made by that company, person, or manufacturer isn't allowed.
    Making comparisons or including unrelated terms in your listing may confuse buyers who may not understand what's actually being offered. This can result in an unsuccessful transaction and may also lead to a buyer claim being filed.
    For more information on our search and browse manipulation policy, go to:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/search-manipulation.html

Please understand there is an unrelated brand name "Hickey Freeman" in the title of your listing. Though you might not be fully aware of the policy in existence but as per eBay policy, only the brand name of company that manufactured or produced the item for sale should be included in the listing. Including unrelated brand names in the listing affects the search result and leads to a poor buying and searching experience on eBay. Kindly relist your item after removing unrelated brand name from the listing.

Here's a list of the item(s) that were removed:
    162639398613 - Burberry London solid black 100% cashmere overcoat 44R USA Hickey Freeman SOFT

4. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Ebay people don't have time to figure out who made what from the labels, so they see it as spamming.

Though, I would not use HF in the title or description even if I were allowed to. Burberry London is more upscale than HF, and this would unnecessarily lower the perceived value of the jacket.

5. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Got the same thing on two listings about a week ago. I just took it out since it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to explain the relationship to the morons at eBay. Mine even said "Made by Hickey Freeman." These had been relisted a few times, so this is something recent they've done.

6. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

I think they're stepping up that keyword spamming filter. I had a BB suit with Zegna cloth made by Lardini, the first time I listed it they pulled it completely, after calling and explaining to ebay what's up, I got it reinstated and they altered the listing title (didn't know they could do that!) to remove the Lardini, keeping the Zegna cloth.

7. Kazoo

Kazoo Senior member

Thanks all. I guess I'll play their game and remove the HF reference.

8. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

FYI. If anyone is looking for mannequins, check to see if there are any Sears closing in your area. I wandered into one today and inquired. The lady told me $80 for mens, $75 for women, $35 (I think) for kids. Those were complete (torso, legs, arms, head). BUT, near where the Lands End display was, I saw just busts (with a rolling stand). I asked a different lady about those, and she said they were $75, but 60% off. So I grabbed one for $30 + tax.

Possibly could have done better if I hunted around, but it was convenient and exactly what I was looking for. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

Edit: Its possible the other mannequins were also 60% off, but I didn't go back to ask.