Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

+1...

I have 23 MP camera and shoot for EBay at 2.1MP.

2. florent

florent Member

Hello there, would you guys know a recommendable Ebay consignment store in Europe, or even better in France?
    I'd love to send stuff to some of the big guys here but I doubt having to ship oversea first would make it worthwhile
    Thanks!

3. Sartoriamo

Sartoriamo Senior member

Thanks for this, @jebarne. Been looking at these for a long time, but I have a big Intermec 3400 industrial label printer, and had been holding off because of that. But this one fits better in my tiny space!! Hit that deal, and on my way to pick it up now!

4. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Having worked on this problem a few days and reading the user forum at Iwascoding.com, the problem was finally solved. The solution will be documented here in case another member has a problem with the Conditions section of the listing stating "Not Supported".

The Ebay token for Garage Sale must be refreshed, my understanding is every two years, but go to Preferences and refresh the token. You can confirm the refresh date on the Ebay website.

Next go to your listing and in the Inspector at the top you will see the familiar Category box. On my listings the category box was stating "Unknown". You will need to update categories at this point. Find the little Sprocket Icon by opening the Categories dialogue box. The Sprocket Icon is on top of the box with the list of categories for your selection with use in your listing. In mine the subcategories under Clothing has disappeared. Simply click Update Categories in the Sprocket Icon and all of your subcategories under Clothing reappear.

You are back to listing in Garage Sale 7 !!

5. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Looks like Amazon is responding to this deal, with Prime Shipping you can get this for $115.50 to avoid the drive. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M1LGJ4?aaxitk=haKLInVNy-TpDtMSd8bfEw

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

If I've got 5 watchers on my item, and I go to revise and drop the price by $5, do they get a notification?

7. SomethingsFishy

SomethingsFishy Senior member

I need advice, gents...

I recently thrifted a dope Loro Piana winter coat (FUCK YEAH!) but it has some significant stains. It's guaranteed to be a complicated cleaning job (leather trim, fairly soft, delicate exterior shell, multiple kinds of stains of indeterminate origin) and I don't want to destroy the coat in the process...

Should I go ahead and sink the $100+ into it that will probably be required for mail-away cleaning? Do I have other options?

It's up already, but I just feel stupid having listed an $800+ item w/lots of stains...

8. SomethingsFishy

SomethingsFishy Senior member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYBARITIC-L...-M-/112488942228?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

One of my few listings which makes me sorely regret my lack of a more professional photo setup... :/ (usually, it doesn't matter, but something was definitely lost on this one...)

I don't think that the price would change... I think that my current price is very high. When I find crazy grails, I usually list them at a meteoric BINOBO for a week or two, in case someone wants to make my day...

I think I could probably get 3-450 on it without cleaning it, but it might take months. Cleaned up, I think I could probably achieve more, but it would definitely take months. The winter coat market ain't exactly poppin' in August...

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

10. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Yes (typically)