Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Absolutely, ask to fix and if he can't relist the item and make him buy it again. I lost $350 earlier this year because I sold a Intel i7 6700k and the buyer changed the zip last minute.

2. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

3. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Ship to the eBay-approved address. Only get nervous when the buyer wishes to deviate from the eBay supplied address.

4. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I had a buyer explain to me that he only bought OTR from Samuelsohn for exactly this reason. He couldn't be sure about the fabric content in other brands.

5. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I probably go overboard, but if there is a flaw, I mention it in the description, include a marked up photo, and mention it again in the photo caption. Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 11.20.55 AM.png

6. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I've also noticed that most of the BINOBO sellers have a method of doing mark downs. e.g. at 30 days its marked down 10%, 15% at 45, 20% at 60 days or whatever the pattern.

How do you keep up with how long something has actually been posted because the dates seem to change whenever the 30 day refresh happens.

7. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

So, check out this boneheaded move. I received 24 rolls of eBay BOPP tape purchased from my last coupon. Not having any money invested in them, I listed them for $33.99. Unfortunately, not paying any attention, I listed them with free shipping. As my luck dictates, they were purchased by someone in Yorba Linda, CA. So, the $33.99 listing price is overshadowed by the $34.48 USPS Priority shipping. Net profit: $(.49) :lol: