• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This ***** just handed me a slam dunk.

After a few messages, it was pretty clear that this is some LA high-society snob. She wants to donate the shoes because they're dirty. She also claim to not be able to see the stains in the pictures...

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 7.42.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 7.42.56 AM.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strangest thing today. I had a package returned marked "return to sender, address unknown". Tracking shows it as delivered.

eddiegreen

Reaction score
I don't know if i can even bring myself to reply to this one....
acne.jpg

When he says "they've been turned up" he literally means 'turned up', not altered, just folded up and his photos show a gentle crease where they were turned up(i showed 2 pics of the hems in the listing), he also left feedback 3 months ago saying they fit great

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. BLOCK and ignore...

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, if a buyer admits he had the item dry cleaned, can that be grounds for return refusal? He's complaining about the smell, and I'm pretty Type A when it comes to these things. I would've definitely noticed this.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, if a buyer admits he had the item dry cleaned, can that be grounds for return refusal? He's complaining about the smell, and I'm pretty Type A when it comes to these things. I would've definitely noticed this.

Absolutely. If he opened a returned, and you don't accept returns, call Ebay and point out that he can't possibly be returning it in the same condition you sent. If you accept returns, you'll need to wait until you receive it back.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to fight a return if you offer hassle-free returns? I've never fought a return before but I'm kind of tempted to with one of my current ones. The reason for the return is something that's literally in the title. I'll probably just accept it and move on, but I thought I'd check.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to fight a return if you offer hassle-free returns? I've never fought a return before but I'm kind of tempted to with one of my current ones. The reason for the return is something that's literally in the title. I'll probably just accept it and move on, but I thought I'd check.

Once you get the item back, call Ebay and point out that it's a clear case of buyer's remorse. They will have you issue a manual refund through PayPal. You can do this while you're on the phone with them. They'll ask for the payPal confirmation code before escalating and closing an Ebay case for you.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing really happens to them, they will have a few days to pay then the case will close and they will get a non-payment strike on their record. You then can re-list the item. The unpaid strikes do add up, this is my buyer requirements so if they didn't pay 2 people in a year they couldn't buy from me:

View attachment 795247

Could I then vote him negative?

I have never put a negative and this time I am anxious to do.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't leave "negatives" for buyers. They will have a strike against them, with the "non-payment" case, when it's closed against them. That's about it.

flvinny521

Reaction score
You should be able to set your "feed" to show your followed sellers.

That was me, thank you. I was hoping to be able to browse by category, or at least filter the feed, but this serves a purpose when I'm bored at work...

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright guys. I need a little advice on how to deal with this dude.

Near the end of May I sold a dude some of my personal Alden boots. Put in the description "in excellent condition,have been worn Regularly and polished/conditioned a handful of times, perfectly broken-in. Sold as-is."

He sent me a message and said the boots had "structural damage" and included these photos.
IMG_1208.PNG
IMG_1209.PNG
IMG_1210.PNG
IMG_1211.PNG

He mentioned he would probably have them refurbished in his offer.

I responded that I described them as worn regularly, and wear and tear includes nicks, scratches and scuffs, and what could I do to resolve the situation?

He responded that these constitute "structural damage" and the boots are not wearable. And he wants a refund.

I've not had to deal with this kind of ****, but I don't accept returns. Also, the boots are completely wearable and in my opinion what's in his photos are par for the course of buying leather boots secondhand. Also that "structural damage" is like part of the sole being loose or coming off.

I guess my question is how do I get out of this without giving a refund. He also hasn't opened a case, just messages so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated/sorry for the long post!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics