• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to stop using the branded tape. I think it makes for easy spotting of potential high value items on porches by thieves. The tissue paper is nice though. Maybe I'll be selling tape too. :)

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to stop using the branded tape. I think it makes for easy spotting of potential high value items on porches by thieves. The tissue paper is nice though. Maybe I'll be selling tape too. :)
I quit using the branded boxes and tape for that very reason. Plus, the tape is an easy sell.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You may recall I had some issues a while back with people not factoring in international shipping costs when buying. Today I received this message from one of them.

I've just received the item recently. Also the jacket size is 48us, not 48uk as you have given the details in eBay so it is too big for me. By the fact that if I have to send you back the jacket, the shipping price would be very expensive because I have too pay the price and the tax once again. So now I don't know what to do next.
The item was delivered on May 3rd, and I received this message on June 13th. Needless to say I have politely refused to accept any returns after so much time, since detailed measurements were provided and the jacket described as bespoke with no size label; UK48 was my estimate only, based on a chest measurement of 50.5", and that was clearly stated.

I don't think this lady is any kind of shark, but she really does not understand how eBay buying works, and is more trouble to deal with than she's worth. Her eBay id is mookmuk_y, if you wish to avoid her.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In all fairness, they may have thought that it was 48 cm which is equivalent to a 38 us. Still no excuse to ignore given measurements.

I agree. That's why I don't think she's a scammer per se, just that she knows very little about how to go about buying clothes online. Still, I am not going to refund a $500 sale for so little reason and after so much time. If fit was a problem, she'd have known from the day it arrived.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was thinking that too, but I don't know if "eBay" on a box would indicate a higher value than any other merch being shipped in the mail. I suspect any potential mail thief would be more likely to steal boxes marked "amazon.com". But that's assuming mail thieves are good planners ...

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that too, but I don't know if "eBay" on a box would indicate a higher value than any other merch being shipped in the mail. I suspect any potential mail thief would be more likely to steal boxes marked "amazon.com". But that's assuming mail thieves are good planners ...

This has always been my thinking too. An unattended box sitting outside a house is always going to be appealing to a mail thief no matter what the box says.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's up with Ebay sellers pawning off odd jackets and trousers as suits? Recently I bought a Caruso "suit", which turned out to be a Caruso jacket and Scuderi trousers. They weren't even in the same color! The jacket also had extensive dry-cleaning sheen, not described, of course.

I'll lose almost $100 (return shipping and import fees included) because some dolt doesn't know what he's selling.

If you're doing business like this, you can be 100% sure to receive negative feedback in the future. It's infuriating. What makes things worse, is that this seller seems to specialize in menswear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads