Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

As the others have said, the global shipping has gotten me in trouble with buyers thinking I'm making bank on it. But I've also shipped to UK and others with no complaints. I'm going to continue to offer it, I have had at least 3 international buyers a week. Only one zero feedback non payer from Russia.

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

What's the technical name for this kind of pocket with the pleat in center? The jacket I'm listing has both the breast pocket and 2 patch pockets like this

[​IMG]

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I just had an international buyer (with 0 feedback, no less) click Buy It Now on an item that states "US Shipping Only" in the terms.

Two questions, how is this possible if I have US Only for shipping? And how do I cancel the transaction and relist the item?

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Vaginal pockets. :) Seriously, bellows.

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

So apparently, if you have your settings set to block buyers from outside the US and sell ONE item to an international seller, Ebay changes your user setting to allow international buyers to click buy it now on all other items, even if there is not international shipping option. Talk about a usability fail.

6. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

Shipping from Canada is horrible for this. I get so much grief from US buyers because my shipping is so high. Even though I'm in Canada and just the next country over; for me it is international shipping; more expensive than our already high shipping rates.

7. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I shipped two practically identical things (weighing about 8 pounds) to different people. One about 50 miles away, and the other in British Columbia. The one to BC cost $47 (versus $8 to up near San Francisco). Yeah, it's kind of crazy... I also sent an item that was one pound lighter to New Zealand for $60. The cost seems nuts to BC, since I could send it more than twice as far to Maine for about 1/3 of the cost.

8. Brianpore

9. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Anyone worried about ending things next Sunday with the holiday weekend?

Thoughts?

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Quite excited actually. Its Memorial Day weekend, where typically most retailers are running a sale, so people will be online looking for bargains (myself included).

11. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

OK. So I suggested the buyer check with his mail carrier and neighbors. He's been very polite in all communications and accepts that I shipped the item and that it shows as delivered, but he's out both his money and the jacket and asking what recourse is there. What would you guys do? Say sorry, but there's nothing I can do or offer to split the loses with a partial refund? I dont believe he's scamming me, so I feel badly that he doesnt have the jacket, but I also fulfilled my responsibilities. Would his buyers protection provide anything from eBay?

12. Brianpore

13. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

I haven't been in the situation yet but if you win a case, they can't leave feedback. I think I read that somewhere.

14. Brianpore

15. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

The latest seller update did say that buyers who lose a case cannot leave feedback.

I spoke to the resolution center and was told that the buyer needs to call them, since it is him they would be helping, but I would automatically win the case if he escalates it because I fulfilled my obligations.
    Of course, unless ebay buyer protection pays out in these types of cases, once he is told we would lose if he escalates, why would he bother? So he wont escalate it, which means he wont lose, which means he can leave whatever feedback he wants!

I'm hoping that it's one of those situations where ebay pays out to the buyer even when they are siding with the seller - I believe I've read of cases like that in this thread.