Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

I stopped trying. They rarely disclose damage and most of the items I've bought have been in terrible shape.

2. bert9000

bert9000 Senior member

Buyer kentanja bought something (Buy It Now) and instantly cancelled. Do with that what you will.

3. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

Might want to block
    upload_2017-5-27_7-51-28.png
    Guy buys a pair of jeans via auction on Sunday that he had been asking me to sell him before the end. On Monday, he asks when I plan to ship. I politely explained that I was out of town and would ship on Wednesday. I told him that I occasionally travel for work and that was specifically why I use 3 day handling time, which I would still meet. His response was that should be telling buyers if I plan to ship on the last possible day. Whatever. He gets the jeans yesterday and I get a rude message about how he's returning them because they've been shrunk at least two sizes (measurements were provide) and, even though they didn't smell when I shipped, they now "reek of smoke." I'm sure the neg is coming, as well.

4. bert9000

bert9000 Senior member

5. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Reviving a slightly old discussion, I know, but I'd like to add that in the past week I've provided extra (and non-standard) measurements upon request to 3 different potential buyers, with not even a thank you, let alone a sale. Two of those items were already packed and stored. Which brings the number of lifetime sales resulting from providing extra measurements to a grand total of ... zero.

Last edited: May 27, 2017 at 9:04 AM
  6. RFHansen

RFHansen Senior member

@ Reosymes: Good point. In my experience, the more additional measurements people ask for, the less likely they are to buy.

7. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

8. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Precisely why I never pre-pack items prior to sale. I don't like doing things twice.