• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Por qua? I recall reviewing and comparing the two coverages. I recall reading the Ship Cover and thinking it covered less. But maybe I misread it.

Turnaround time for a USPS claim to get paid out - 2-3 weeks and several phone calls
Turnaround time for a ShipCover claim to get paid out - 2 days, 3 mouse clicks

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Turnaround time for a USPS claim to get paid out - 2-3 weeks and several phone calls
I can attest to both of these statements being true.

My only Brioni SC find went missing after selling for $289. The insurance said it would take a week to 10 days to process. Had the money in less than 2 days.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Both relevant and persuasive. Noted.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 unpaid items from two weeks ago's auctions out of about 12 sold. That's freaking excessive, right? Plus I think this shirt is cursed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140963994977?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
I had a guy back out on paying because he thought I was gouging him on international shipping (it was going through the global shipping program, I have no idea what he was being charged) saying I was charging him for things just so I could pocket it. The second chance offer which was only $1 less never bit. Now 5 hours before the auction end, the high bidder claims he never bid on it. Should I cancel his bid or assume that someone will outbid him? The shirt is at about 40% of what it [didn't] sell at last time. This person has a 603 feedback too. Frustrating.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Also, I purchased something on ebay this morning. Used shoes at that. Feels dirty :embar: Even had them shipped all the way across the country to my parents so they could ship them back to avoid paying tax...

Welp... this surely wasn't disclosed in the listing

DEFECTS ON THIS ITEM: Lightly worn soles

:fu:

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a bidder that changed his mind on a bid, wants to BIN, once he places the bid (the BIN option is still there) how does he use the BIN option on eBay mobile, he says the BIN button is gone? Should I just cancel his bid to make it easier for him to BIN, or will he be blocked from BIN when I cancel his bid.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I have a bidder that changed his mind on a bid, wants to BIN, once he places the bid (the BIN option is still there) how does he use the BIN option on eBay mobile, he says the BIN button is gone? Should I just cancel his bid to make it easier for him to BIN, or will he be blocked from BIN when I cancel his bid.
Once the price hits a certain % of the BIN (I think 50%) then the BIN is gone. Cancel his bid and hopefully the BIN comes back up... not sure if it will though

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a similar instance, but not really the same.

Bought these....for a flip of course.
ALDEN CORDOVAN TASSEL DRESS LOAFERS 10.5B/D
A bit bummed that the seller didn't state that the soles are so thin they are unwearable without having repairs done.

I contacted him, politely explaining my unexpected disappointment. He said he was sorry I was not happy. He said I could return them, despite not having a return policy. I don't want to return them since the uppers are still in great shape. I really just want him to take responsibility for the information he left out, whether intentionally or not. Not even really pressing for a partial refund since they are not for me (although I think one would be in order), just a proper acceptance of fault. The condition will surely affect my bottom line, since I have the condition listed accurately. Maybe I should have asked if the soles were thin enough to push my fingers through....but I didn't. Seller has higher feedback than I do, I figured he would have mentioned that....my bad on that one.

What would the group do?

Follow up.....

Hi weso0119,
s.gif

eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision. We've considered the case carefully and decided not to issue you a refund. We're sorry this didn't work out.
s.gif

Decision:
This case has been decided in the seller's favor.

Comments:
Based on information provided in the case, the item may no longer be in the same condition you received it. You won't be able to return this item for a refund.

WTF?? I mean, finally a seller wins a case, but really? I have appealed the decision. Below is my reply.

"I think is is a true injustice that the seller can misrepresent an item, in order to sell it for $100 in unwearable condition, yet eBay would decide in his favor, without even a partial refund for damages. As a seller I work hard to uphold the standards set in place by eBay and am absolutely shocked at the double standard apparently at work here. In the past I lost a case and was forced to accept a refund from a buyer who thought Vintage meant New, at no fault of my own. This seller is selling faulty goods with no indication of repairs needed and he can get off without a scratch. I believe I am due at least a partial refund for the deceit of the listing description. I have not altered the shoes in any way, nor have I asked to return them. I am merely asking for a partial refund to help offset the cost of repairs, and for the wear and damage which have greatly affected the value of the shoes."

But, to put a positive spin on this one....
ALDEN Shell Cordovan Loafers 10.5 D Brown Moc Toe Slip On Tassel Horween Leather

alexcvn65

Reaction score

I ship everything either PM or ties and small stuff by PMFREs and insure everything - even if its 12 bucks or something. If it gets lost, you always win an insurance claim, it takes less than 30 seconds, and the payment can be made right to the buyers pp account, no case against you. Its a complete win win. Happened like 5-6 times and is marvelous.

What is PFMRE?
Are you speaking about eBay insurance?
If eBay insurance can you buy it when sending the invoice to the buyer?
Thank you.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Combined shipping. I just haven't made a policy. I had a few people purchase multiple items last night, one has requested a total, I'm sure he's expecting a combined shipping discount. Should I create one and just do it? Or tell them I don't combine shipping, since there is no policy in place? I'm sure you guys already have all your policies in place, just wondering what you would do.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Combined shipping.  I just haven't made a policy.  I had a few people purchase multiple items last night, one has requested a total, I'm sure he's expecting a combined shipping discount.  Should I create one and just do it?  Or tell them I don't combine shipping, since there is no policy in place? I'm sure you guys already have all your policies in place, just wondering what you would do.

I actually don't have a policy in place as most have assumed that purchases can/will be combined to save money. I suppose I should write something in my listings.

I would certainly combine the order and charge him the appropriate amount. He'll (rightly) feel screwed if he has to pay individual shipping prices when the total was less than half. It also means that you might have a repeat customer, something you want to foster.

If someone buys something from me and I happen to have similar items or items of the same size, I'll often quickly message the buyer that, should they want the other items, I can ship them together and save them some money. I get a second sale about 20% of the time this is offered. In the end, it saves me the time of keeping something listed and an extra stop at the shipping place.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Combined shipping. I just haven't made a policy. I had a few people purchase multiple items last night, one has requested a total, I'm sure he's expecting a combined shipping discount. Should I create one and just do it? Or tell them I don't combine shipping, since there is no policy in place? I'm sure you guys already have all your policies in place, just wondering what you would do.
I use free shipping for all US orders. I do occasionally get requests to combine shipping....which confuses the heck out of me. For international I send a revised invoice with the combined total, as soon as I see the little "buyers eligible for combined purchases" indicator.

What is a pain, that I have found, is if someone buys two items and pays for them separately. You can always refund them the difference, but if you want to insure the package, you have to send them separately in order to cover them for the full amount.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I ship everything either PM or ties and small stuff by PMFREs and insure everything - even if its 12 bucks or something. If it gets lost, you always win an insurance claim, it takes less than 30 seconds, and the payment can be made right to the buyers pp account, no case against you. Its a complete win win. Happened like 5-6 times and is marvelous.

Had to ship something to Russia today. $45 value.... Had to use 1st class registered (cost me $28) as there was no way to insure it or guarentee a tracking/signature unless I wanted to spend closer to $40....I think russia is unique though as you can't buy insurance on ebay for russia.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads