Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

I only have 95. Must have something o on with volume of sales too. My impression is that only about half my buyers leave feedback so the number of feedback underrepresents the numbers of sales.

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I did as well...not that I'll get anywhere near that mark but its nice perk to use haha.

3. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

I think it's 100 sales, and $3000 dollars in the past 12 months, reviewed once a month...everything else is pretty basic, as long as you don't screw buyers, its nothing hard.

4. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

It just did occur to me, I could relist all my auctions as 1 day and just reup them all every night. That way I have auctions ending every day which is when you get the most traffic. Oddly though, if hundreds or thousands of sellers got this 200,000 listing thing, they would be doing the same. Anarchy on eBay.

5. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Hah oddly enough I suppose you could IF you had the time and patience...its a hassle in my book to realist even though its so easy really. But in all honesty, I have best luck with my 7 day auctions ending every sunday night. I have thought about upping it to the 10 days like many sellers on here do, but I just don't have the time to start auctions twice a week (thursday / sunday rotation). Plus I find that I can use my 50 free monthly listings with 7 day auctions free of listing charge...saves i think close to .50 per listing if I just do it that way versus the 10 day.

Just Looked at my eBay seller dashboard, I seem to meet all requirements except the 3k and 100 transactions. I think Ill get there in about another 6 weeks or so. I need about 50 more transactions, and only 800$. Curious to see what that does for me!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Tips to deal with eBay in terms of search browse manipulation? I listed product name by the actual product name, eBay keeps telling me I don't need to list or include anywhere in listing my product name. Calls seem to just go to we will email you decision

7. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

I got this, and I've probably sold a total of ten items in the past year.

8. txwoodworker

If you have an ebay store, there are automation rules that will automatically relist your items once or infinitely. Do it from your store manager page > assign automa > choose your rule.

9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

10. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

That use to happend to me when I used my iPhone for photos before I got a Dslr. I had to go into the photo from my computer and rotate it all the way around (even tho it was the correct position on my screen) then save the image file, then upload to eBay. That fixed it for me.

But like I said, ever since I've been using a new camera, i haven't ran into that issue

11. txwoodworker

So I am going to try this, see if I can sell the crap out of some stuff. I just took 24 items of 30 day BIN and changed them to 3 day auctions automatically re-upping, and listed 4 new items to start at 8PDT on one day auctions with auto renew. I took the BIN price and made it the opening bid (lowered a few) then made the new BIN higher (also no fee for that) so I'll at least make as much as I would've if I had just waited for the BIN. And for the 4 new 1 day listings I set them as the opening bid at what I want, and a high BIN.
    Would cost way too much to experiment with this at $0.70 per, but with 200,000 free listings it may be fun! I will keep you posted.

12. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I look forward to hearing how you do!

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

14. suited

suited Senior member

I was packing up a camel hair blazer last night to ship out, and I usually put the blazer into a priority mail tyvek bag first, then the tyvek bag goes inside of a polyethylene mailer. It was too big for the tyvek bag so I put it into the polyethylene mailer first. Now that it was compacted, it could fit into a tyvek bag so I went ahead and added another layer, then put it into another poly mailer as the final outer layer to seal the deal. After weighing it, and noticing that it was going all the way to CA, I ended up putting all of that into a medium flat rate box. Whoever tries to open that thing is going to think I was fucking with them :happy:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013

15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member