Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Should be fine, man. Not everyone is out there buying and selling every day like us.

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

3. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I also see a lot of Stanley blacker but never think twice in picking it up. You guys get rid of em ok, or mostly the more loud patterns?

4. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Had something similar happen a couple of weeks ago. Two different people, each with one feedback, bought items. Both paid and left positive feedback. Good luck!

5. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

+1. We all start at zero (or 1) on ebay.

6. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

And buyer feedback is meaningless anyway. A buyer can't have anything less than 100% positive feedback.

7. HansderHund

I was happy to find out this morning that I am a power seller, something really unexpected. I've never really looked into it as I thought you needed higher volume than I do.

I quickly looked at the benefits of it...discount on fees, a direct contact in customer service, etc. What I had hoped for was discounted shipping and finally saw that it's offered on some services. I use Hermes Paket Service for all packages within the EU and it said that there are special offers for Hermes, so I clicked on it....

only to find out it's for Germans only. This makes me incredibly frustrated with ebay. If I want to contact customer service, I have to call Germany at 20 cents/minute (or something like that). If I want to print shipping labels directly through ebay, I have to be a registered German. There are few services for Austrian (and I assume Swiss) buyers/sellers in our own country, even though we have ebay.at.

A further gripe is that my search results show results that won't ship to Austria...from Germany. I find something I like, but I have to contact the German seller in order to find out whether they'll ship to me or not. Most do, but the process seems a bit silly. /rant

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  8. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

+1
    I too just found out this morning that I just became a power seller. Not sure what it means for me here in Canada.

9. HansderHund

Congrats! I was actually thinking about you guys in Canada and whether you have your own system, call centers, etc. or whether you're forced to deal out of country for everything.

10. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Well, we have ebay.ca but I list on ebay.com. It's a bigger market.
    When I call the call centre for shipping concerns I have spoken to someone in the US. but when I have called about other issues I've actually spoken to some women in the Philippines.

11. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I also just hit power seller status. Did they lower the standards? Weird so many of us getting it around the same time.

12. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

I didn't hit power status, but I was included in a 200,000 free listings promotion. The only catch is I only have from 4/20 to 4/29 to use it. Did anyone else get that note?

13. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Do me a favor please! Rotate your photo's at least! I betcha that will get you more views too. :cheers:

14. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Power seller as well... Somewhere between 153 and 155 feedback? Seems low...

15. dexconstruct

dexconstruct Senior member

I think eBay reviews all their accounts on the 20th, that's why everyone is getting status upgrades at the same time.