• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gambit50

Reaction score
I am a jerk for telling her that calling me a liar is not cool? OK.
The seller who sold me the terrible shirt was gracious. Maybe she is unscrupulous, maybe she is not. But once I demonstrated the issue she got on with it.
Are the pics I provided not blatant evidence? No, I don't appreciate this *(&) saying what she did.
So, I fired back in kind. No threats, nothing. I will, at best, still be out the effort, time and return shipping. I am not getting off on any of it.

If people have a practice of lying and selling rubbish with the expectation that most will not bother with returns, the bother, etc. that is fine(well, not really).
There are large companies that go about it this way.
But when you are caught, don't act as if you are on some moral high ground and make the customer the bad guy.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't seen the conversation, so I really can't say, that was only based on how you've spoken of her. It's cool, just follow ebay's protocol and you'll be taken care of, though making the return is an unwanted hassle of course.

gambit50

Reaction score
Haha, I am much more reserved in my use of &*)()*& and:devil: here than in my messages within ebay.
When she implied the ties were fine and I am making it up, I posted here and vented a bit, sure.
Hope she just offers to refund original ship.I will ask, explicitly, later and if not, go through ebay.
Again, if she were gracious, I wouldn't be here though I am glad I found out about how to get original shipping back when the seller is a scumbag.

Since I am using so much of your time and kindness, if we agree upon resolution without ebay(refund of shipping) do I have to(or should I) have signature confirmation
in addition to tracking? I don't really understand this(saw it somewhere in ebay) since sellers are not required and whether it is an original transaction or a return, either side
would have 'delivered' from tracking. And if sig is required for returns to demonstrate fulfillment, why not purchases? I understand it as added protection but as required seems uneven.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Haha, I am much more reserved in my use of &*)()*& and:devil: here than in my messages within ebay.

I've done the same, no worries.

Since I am using so much of your time and kindness, if we agree upon resolution without ebay(refund of shipping) do I have to(or should I) have signature confirmation in addition to tracking?

I'm not sure on this, but as a seller, signature confirmation is required for packages worth over $250. I'd probably follow the same rule on the return just to be safe. Paypal will consider an item returned once tracking says it's delivered to the correct zip code, at least for cheaper items.

aglose

Reaction score
I was trying to set up my paypal account but its asking for a picture of my ID and a picture of my social security card along with a untility bill in my name, but I'm a minor so I don't pay utilities. And is this all normal information for them to request?

aglose

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking too but it's through the pay pal website and the pay pal app on the iPhone?

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Give them a call. I've always had good luck with their customer service on the phone.

aglose

Reaction score
Ok will do. Thanks for the help.

Geruvah

Reaction score
Had to cancel someone's bid because they contacted me saying it was a mistake.

That "mistake" comes with you manually inserting your price and confirming it.

gambit50

Reaction score
Lady now offers partial refund of the original shipping instead of full on and gave me the 'I'm human and make mistakes' bit along with 'I shouldn't have listed it as perfect, mint'.
Yes, that was my point from the beginning. It is your mistake, why should I be the only one to pay for it? I am still going to pay something for doing nothing wrong. Another fair minded, equitable individual with a good sense of empathy.
I think I am declining on principle. Cannot accept her making a few dollars for sending a bunch of effed up merchandise while I have wasted all this time just to get what is somewhat fair.

Did they bid 10 million dollars? I make the mistake of confirming that bid after the second prompt all the time.

gambit50

Reaction score
Aglose, what information did you provide to set up the account?
Just a bank account, ss#?
There are other forms of information besides a utility bill that will be acceptable but I don't know which
you have already given them so it is difficult to say whether they are being unreasonable.
Also, calling as already suggested should clear up the matter if not resolved it.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat off-topic but not entirely: I have an item listed as a classified ad on eBay (local sale of a vehicle). Interested party contacted me asking if I would accept PayPal, as they do not have the cash but do have a card to put it on via PayPal. I did sell a car years ago and accepted PayPal as payment, back when I was less leery of how one might be able to get ripped off by buyers as well as sellers. These days, trying to think of how this person might be able to get the vehicle from me then cancel / reverse the payment somehow.
  • Would I have anything to worry about, accepting PayPal (as "payment owed" so as not to incur any PayPal fees) and signing over the vehicle on the spot?
  • Should I at least wait until the $ is transferred from PayPal to my bank before letting the buyer take it away?

Thank you for any insight. They'll probably flake out and never show up to begin with, like a couple others already have, but figured I'd at least reply whether I'd accept PayPal or not and see what happens.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that is strange. I've never gotten that one. Of course I don't ship a lot via Express International either...mostly Priority. Perhaps that is the catch.

I have a package to send to Russia today and I am getting this same error. Ebay shipping is only showing up first class international, which I am not interested in and USPS website is telling me I have to go into the PO to ship to this address. Sucks.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a package to send to Russia today and I am getting this same error. Ebay shipping is only showing up first class international, which I am not interested in and USPS website is telling me I have to go into the PO to ship to this address. Sucks.
Yep, Russia for sure is like that now....but never go it for the other.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads