• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brian, TAL makes BB's non-iron shirts and probably all their made-in-Thailand SCs, too. That's about all I know. I'd guess that one probably came from the BB clearance center in NC, where you can find all kinds of odds and ends like stuff BB makes for other brands, etc. Can't give any advice on listing, it though.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brian, TAL makes BB's non-iron shirts and probably all their made-in-Thailand SCs, too. That's about all I know. I'd guess that one probably came from the BB clearance center in NC, where you can find all kinds of odds and ends like stuff BB makes for other brands, etc. Can't give any advice on listing, it though.

You are probably correct about it coming from the Clearance Center. I have seen that label on samples.

Brian: Ultra Rare One-Off Brooks Brothers Prototype!

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eBay is a joke! Won't remove negative feedback from a buyer that couldn't read, message clearly shows he retaliated for me not refunding money due to being illiterate. They really need a better system that levels the playing field, right now buyers have all the power..

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first ebay story, as a buyer.

I was trying to sent my paypal contact info, through ebay messages, to a seller. Ebay kept flagging any email i wrote to seller . Citing error or telling me they did not want email info shared for my protection. They really make it difficult to work outside ebay... :embar:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
My first ebay story, as a buyer.

I was trying to sent my paypal contact info, through ebay messages, to a seller. Ebay kept flagging any email i wrote to seller . Citing error or telling me they did not want email info shared for my protection. They really make it difficult to work outside ebay...
shog[1].gif
Think outside the box. Something like the below usually works.

xxx at a o l dot com
xxx at g m a i l . c o m

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Think outside the box. Something like the below usually works.

xxx  at a o l dot com
xxx at g m a i l . c o m

I feel like a spook communicating through ebay with the seller, thanks for the advice
:fistbump:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How do you guys handle offers on auctions? Obviously it's on a case-by-case scenario, but about 90% of my listings are auction style. I get offers during and after they end, but I prefer to reduce the price and re-list, but I don't want to turn potential buyers off from bidding at the new price. Do you offer discounts in shipping? Knock down the price? Sometimes I'm even insulted that they want to offer 50-60% of what I had it listed AND free shipping. I'm just curious how you guys handle these things.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
^^^^

From ebay: http://pages.ebay.com/buyerprotection/sellerFAQ/index.html

Is there a time limit for a buyer to open a case?
Generally, buyers have 45 days from payment to open a case—the same as with the current PayPal dispute resolution system. Exceptions may be made to buyers based on factors such as member account information, listing information, item location, and shipping method. You'll be asked to work things out with the buyer, but if you're unable to come to an agreement, we won't require reimbursement from you for cases filed after 45 days from payment.

What if the item is still in transit when the buyer opens an item not received case?
If tracking shows that the item was sent within the seller's handling time, but hasn't arrived yet, we may ask the buyer to wait. We may also extend the amount of time buyers should wait depending on circumstances like the use of a slower shipping service, or sending an item internationally.

That said, I would give him a few days to contact the post office and look into it. It would personally annoy (not that I can do anything about it) if he asks a question and then files a case right after. Give him till Tuesday or so to get back with you. If you arnt happy at that time then open a case. Just make sure you do it within 45 days of paying!!!!

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you guys handle offers on auctions? Obviously it's on a case-by-case scenario, but about 90% of my listings are auction style. I get offers during and after they end, but I prefer to reduce the price and re-list, but I don't want to turn potential buyers off from bidding at the new price. Do you offer discounts in shipping? Knock down the price? Sometimes I'm even insulted that they want to offer 50-60% of what I had it listed AND free shipping. I'm just curious how you guys handle these things.

One thing I have learned is to let them name the number if they want to negotiate. Then I either accept it or reject it. I will not "give them my best price" because that usually leads to the prospective buyer giving a lower counteroffer. I don't have the time or patience to enter into long negotiations with cheapskates.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got my first neutral feedback from the guy who thought the blazer i sent him was black. I offered him a full refund, but I guess he wants to keep it despite the color? Can you leave responses to neutral feedback, or only to negative?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads