1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

Experienced guys, do you all use selling/listing software? Which is the best for you? I don't have a mac so no Garage sale :mad:

I have been using the online listing on ebay and it's not that bad but there's gotta be faster ways. I tried the turbo lister ... but it's exactly like the online lister but offline. With my wife, we list like 30 items a week.

Thanks

2. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

What are you using to correct the white balance? I usually just shoot a gray card and then use that for WB. You can do it in camera (check your manual) or I usually do it as soon as I import into Lightroom. With the eye dropper tool in Lightroom click on the pic of the gray card to set the WB, then Sync all the pics in one step.

Gray card: http://www.amazon.com/DGK-Color-Too.../B007FH8MS8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369511233
    Lightroom 4: http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-6516493.../B007BG9VLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369511402
    Lightroom is cheap right now because LR 5 will be out really soon. There's already a public beta if you want to try it. I don't think they've announced pricing though.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  3. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

So i picked up an Anderson and Sheppard tux, and I'm not sure what equivalent size to put it down as...

P2P - 23
    Shoulder - 19
    Sleeve - 24
    Lenght BOC - 32
    Waist at Button - 24

What is this, some sort of 44L with t-rex arms?

4. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I've asked this before and the answer I got was "get a mac."
    So I bought my wife an iPad with credit card points for a combined birthday/Mother's Day/Thanks for not dying while giving birth to our third gift. I plan to convert to Garage Sale soon.
    Up till now I've used Excel to track inventory/profit etc. and Ebay"s "sell similar" feature. I also have to say: the new interface for importing photos from another website is WAAAAY easier. You have to enable that feature under "add remove options" in the picture section. But it means I can have the add photo window open side by side with the ebay listing window Photobucket window, cut and paste the link and then edit the photo, all in the interface. So much easier.

And narrow shoulders; 44 is usually reliably 20" shoulders (even in non-1990s/MC Hammer stuff). You've discovered why this guy has is suits custom made.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  5. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Sigh. I was a bit worried about that when picking it up. The dude is filthy rich so I was hoping it was more a case of money to burn (as this thing is minty fresh and looks like it was hardly worn) rather than hard to fit, but couldn't tell till I got home and pulled out the tape...

6. jpc9

jpc9 Senior member

Maybe someone here can help with some minor confusion.

I won an auction 90 min ago as the only bidder on something that should have sold for far more than my bid. 30 min after the end of the auction, the seller re-listed the item before I had a chance to pay. There was no reserve price on the item.

I just paid for the item and the guy hasn't returned my message or taken the new listing down. This guy isn't a power seller - he has 3 other items listed - and I'm not sure why he relisted something that sold and I paid for less than two hours after the end of the auction. Help? I buy and sell on Ebay at least weekly and this is the first time something like this has happened.

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This should be sigged.

8. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

He may have multiple numbers of the item. If you win the auction, it is yours.

1 person likes this.
  9. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Thanks for such helpful info!

As of now...nothing :embar: Previously, I was making the effort. I'm using a Sony Alpha A100 and cracked the screen awhile back and haven't had it fixed. One fatal flaw about the Sony Alpha series is that all menu controls need the LCD to make selections, unlike a Nikon.

Rather than repair it, I may just opt for a new camera.

Thanks again, I'll report back after I've done a bit of research!

10. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

Damn, I just bought a new laptop

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

11. suited

suited Senior member

The latest update to the ebay mobile app will no longer let you update any items that are listed in two categories. The app only loads the primary category, so when you go in to lower the price on a BIN item, for example, it thinks you're also trying to remove the second category. It gives you can error saying "cannot remove second category." I hope they fix this soon, I manage the prices of all my BIN auctions through my phone.

12. tben

tben Senior member

Ebay development just called me to check-in. Normal?

13. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

They called me last week, so I'd say yes.

14. tben

tben Senior member

Alright, good. Paranoia set in...

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Anybody have issues with ordering boxes online and not getting anything delivered ever?

And damn Put This On delivers a ton of hits, like 800 in one day :slayer:

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  16. dexconstruct

dexconstruct Senior member

I'm still waiting for a ton of supplies I ordered a while ago.

17. CarlG

CarlG Member

I am having the opposite problem with boxes. I ordered 2 cases of 2 different size boxes and the next day I received 20 cases of 2 different box sizes.

18. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Hah, that's a crazy ammount! 20 cases my goodness where r u going to store all those.

19. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Ok, forgive my asking a question that I feel like has been asked a million times, but I wasn't paying close attention to the answers when it wasn't me. :embar:

Got my first item not received case opened. Shipped a pair of pants to Italy on 4/22, USPS tracking shows nothing after it left Chicago on 4/24, buyer in Italy says he never received it and opened a case. Should I respond, and how? I don't think I insured them, so if I have to end up eating it it's my own fault and not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have to refund him if I don't have to.

20. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

Brian provided excellent advice to me when I faced this a couple of weeks ago. Call eBay dispute center. If you uploaded tracking you met your obligations as a seller, so if the case gets escalated, you should win automatically, but a CSR will be able to tell you.

I was under the impression that you couldn't (or at least shouldn't) send tailored clothing into Italy, so if you completed the customs forms as clothing they may well have been intercepted. I dont know how that all works.