1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

This is a first for me. I had hoped to get a higher price for these boots, but I'm not gonna do it like this.

brazell9420.1.jpg brazell9420.2.jpg brazell9420.3.jpg

2. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

SpooPoker, double00 and HansderHund like this.
  3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Plus one. I'd likely preemptively block them for stratospheric levels of douchebaggery.

drlivingston likes this.
  4. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Agreed. Not that I think @Tyrone MacStiophain was even entertaining the offer, but it's just good to remember that details should never be given out.

Imagine if you bought something at a shop and the clerk gave out your information to the next customer in line simply because they asked.

Again, I don't think @Tyrone MacStiophain was even considering it, just a reminder.

drlivingston likes this.
  5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

In situations like this, I offer to contact the bidder and say someone is interested, and if youd like to sell them, etc, let me know and I can pass on his user ID. But I would never without the other guys permish.

6. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

I was just planning to block and ignore, but per @SpooPoker's example, I contacted the buyer to let him know I'd be willing to put him in touch with Johnnie Come Lately, along with all the warnings against transacting outside eBay. The boots are already on their way to the rightful winner.

SpooPoker likes this.
  7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

This one just looks off to me.... no "green" O and no registered symbol? Anyone can help confirm its legit?

IMG_8076.jpg