• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh oh... notification from local sheriff's department.
edit: this is not to be taken seriously... However, there appears to be a nice market for Brown uniforms!

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol... Yes, it's absolutely a hoax. However, who knew that there was such a great market for that drab brown stuff? I have seen numerous UPS uniform pieces at our local thrifts.

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pride and joy of America. The wonderfully efficient USPS:

This sport coat has been to Europe twice as many times as I have.

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
0.jpg

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some advice on listing. Thrifting and selling is not my regular job. Im a lawyer and I have several cases that I have been writing big checks for expenses in the last few months. A lot has been going out and I'll eventually get this money back, but I need to supplement my income now with more eBay stuff. I have way too much stuff to list and not enough time. I'm still sending consignment stuff, but I need to list some stuff of my own.

Because we are approaching Christmas I'm trying to be as efficient as possible in my listings to maximize the listings and maximize the revenue.

I have the typical stuff we all have, but I'm wondering how to prioritize the listings. In other words, which things do I list now?

Here's a sampling of what I have:

Suits (all price ranges)
ties
Dress Shirts
Blazers
SCs
Shoes
Pendleton stuff
A few trench coats
A few Overcoats/Topcoats
Some cool Porsche Diecast models in display boxes (I'm thinking gifts for Christmas)
Cashmere scarves
Cashmere Sweaters
Knick Knack things like Waterford Crystal things
Henkle knives
Antiguey Collectable things
High Dollar China sets
Jewelry Boxes
Cheaper watches (think Timex/Seiko)

And more I can't think of now.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I deal almost primarilly with clothing, so without addressing the other odds and ends....

I start with tailored clothing. In the fall/winter months in the following orders. Focusing on the seasonally appropriate items first, as they will typically bring more activity now.

Outerwear
Suits
Sport Coats, Jacket, Blazers
Pants
Shirts

Next Footwear

Boots
Dress Shoes
Casual Shoes

Then fill in with Accessories

Scarves
Hats
Ties
Belts
Etc.

I slip things to the front of the order for high dollar items, that I know will be a definite year round sell.

Last edited:

classicthrifter

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobleprofessor

I am looking for some advice on listing. Thrifting and selling is not my regular job. Im a lawyer and I have several cases that I have been writing big checks for expenses in the last few months. A lot has been going out and I'll eventually get this money back, but I need to supplement my income now with more eBay stuff. I have way too much stuff to list and not enough time. I'm still sending consignment stuff, but I need to list some stuff of my own.

Because we are approaching Christmas I'm trying to be as efficient as possible in my listings to maximize the listings and maximize the revenue.

I have the typical stuff we all have, but I'm wondering how to prioritize the listings. In other words, which things do I list now?

Suits (all price ranges)
ties
Dress Shirts
Blazers
SCs
Shoes
Pendleton stuff
A few trench coats
A few Overcoats/Topcoats
Some cool Porsche Diecast models in display boxes (I'm thinking gifts for Christmas)
Cashmere scarves
Cashmere Sweaters
Henkle knives
High Dollar China sets
Jewelry Boxes

This is what I would do:

Sweaters and Scarves
Pendletons
Coats
Ties

Then maybe suits/blazers, then the rest. Suits will sell slower imho unless you are underpricing.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regardless of whatever I have in inventory, you can rest assured that listing dress shirts will always be at the bottom of my priority list.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Suits (all price ranges)
ties
Dress Shirts
Blazers
SCs
Shoes
Pendleton stuff
A few trench coats
A few Overcoats/Topcoats
Cashmere scarves
Cashmere Sweaters
Henkle knives
High Dollar China sets
Jewelry Boxes

I prioritize by what I think will sell quickest and for the highest profit.

For me, that's outerwear, then sport coats, then shoes, then ties and shirts.

I also group things based on how I will position the studio lights to shoot the pics. Then I can streamline that process as well. I'm shooting shirts right now...

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This time of year, outerwear is at the top of the list. It takes up a lot of room, they usually bring solid returns and your window for selling them is about 3-4 months.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads