Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. az64q

az64q Well-Known Member

It's nothing to worry about. That is their generic, blanket disclaimer that they put up on popular brand names. There's probably a disclaimer for pretty much all the categories. For toys the disclaimer is for recalled items, for electronic media it's for pirated material, etc.

Absolutely no reason to worry.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013

2. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

+1

I've justed click on through and finished the listing.

3. az64q

az64q Well-Known Member

What aggravation? It's not picking up anything and there is no process. It's just a reminder not to sell counterfeit goods, that's all it is. It's just like the Terms of Service on any website (SF included).

4. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

Good to know. The sentence referring to it being flagged and reviewed led me to wonder if I would have to prove authenticity somehow.

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Hmm, interesting. I listed 3 Aquascutum pieces a couple weeks ago and didn't get the warning. Must be a new addition to their list.

6. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Damn auto-correct on the ipad!

Fixed now:
    What is everyone's impressions on the flippabilty of Aquascutum rain/trench coats? I see a fair number - a lot seem to have Aqua5 - but because I see a fair number my impression is that they're not that rare so margins would be low.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013

7. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

My vent for the day.

I sold a BNWT SC on eBay, I have two of the exact same coats. Because they are the same, I grabbed the one not pictured on eBay. Guy gets it yesterday and tells me he wants the one in the Auction. I am trying to explain they are the exact same coat, with the same measurements, the only difference is the hanging tag 024 vs 026.

8. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

I e-thrifted a pair of Edward Greens for $55 that I hoped would fit me, but they don't. Looking to flip now. Problem is they were half-soled poorly and need to be redone.

Nick at B Nelson looked at them and said it'd be $180 to make them nice again ($90 standard resole + $50 channeled and beveled soles + $40 replace damaged welts) so my total investment would be $235.

Worth the investment in the repairs? Completed EBay listings seem kinda all over the map. I'm guessing I could get $400 for them with new soles, without too much trouble. But more than that, I'm not sure.

What would you guys do?

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

10. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Don't have any at the moment - burgundy semi-brogue bals on the 202 last. Think they are the Cadogan model.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

What's the deal with international priority mail? Tracked sufficiently well for ebay's standards? May need to ship a shirt. Sorry, Spoo :embar:

12. hmmurdock

hmmurdock Senior member

I'd send it USPS registered mail....most likely will be cheaper, more secure and have tracking the whole way.

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Generally what I do, but looking at rates, small flat rate box or large video flat rate box may be ~$10 cheaper.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It all depends on the script and age. Theyve been making the Cadogan forever - could be 250, could be 500. Id likely pass them personally.

Sorry for what?

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

You always preach international priority, and now I'm still asking about it.