1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ThomGault

ThomGault Senior member

Basically, you're linked to the EU because you sell to someone there, and you do actively market to the EU because you advertise items for sale to global consumers. American courts label it the Stream of Commerce. In Asahi Metal Industry Co. v. Superior Court of California, 480 U.S. 102 (1987), Justice Brennan wrote:
    Quote: Links to american opinions will have to suffice to explain the doctrine, as I don't have easily searchable access to EU judicial opinions, and to restate, I do not practice international law; none of this conversation should be considered legal advice.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

The question, since the EU consumer law and EBay policy mirror each other, does it matter??

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

cash me ousside how bow dat

thats what id tell em

1 person likes this.
  5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Here ye! Here ye! There are times when I'm glad Ebay Customer Service is available until 11:00 PM here in MDT...

Tracking showed "undeliverable as addressed"

[​IMG]

6. LookingGood

LookingGood Well-Known Member

Anyone ever buy from a seller named josephjamesco before? Any idea if he is on here also?

7. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

Don't do business with @lookinggood

He lost his Paypal dispute and opened one with his CC company

Anyone have any advice or insight into this process?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Here's another piece of frumunda cheese for your block lists... I accepted her best offer on an Hermes tie, and almost immediately, she sends this:

[​IMG]

9. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Senior member

lol are you hitting her with an unpaid item?

10. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Got two negs and a neutral this month over some bullshit. Rep said they can't remove. I have a supervisor calling back. One said Lace was added to dress and not original, the other was that dick head that doesn't know his size and a netral because the guy just
    Didn't like the hat. Any chance of them being removed? Does feedback even impact my account at all?

11. AIC99

AIC99 Senior member

At least you did not pay for it...or?

12. ThomGault

ThomGault Senior member

Now it's my turn to be the student and learn; I had a transaction with dabondo that was resolved in a manner I don't understand. I purchased a pair of shoes from him, which he shipped quickly. I tried them on, but they didnt fit (I only wore them on carpet and didn't damage them in any way.) I requested a Didn't Fit return within his 30-day window, which was approved; I shipped them back, paying the shipping costs both ways. He received them today, and this evening he sent me a *payment* for the cost, not a refund. Then eBay notified me that dabondo asked them to step in to resolve the situation, and immediately sent another email stating that they'd decided the case in his favor and I wouldn't receive a refund. This is despite the fact that I didn't open a case, and dabondo sent the money to me so I presume that the shoes arrived safely.
    Can anyone tell me what happened and why?

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Of course. There needs to always be a price for not following the rules.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. A Guy from Shanghai

A Guy from Shanghai Senior member

Did you request a return through formal ebay return process? If not, the seller wouldn't be able to do a partial refund (total amount - original shipping). The entire amount was withheld by Paypal. And seller could only do a full refund (or do nothing) The easy workaround is to send you a payment (cost of the item), and close the case.

15. thefastlife

sorry to bump...but

16. A Guy from Shanghai

A Guy from Shanghai Senior member

What is the story?

17. thefastlife

a case of he said/she said.

he said the measurements were wrong, i said they weren't.

paypal ruled in my favor.

he opened up a CC dispute.

paypal sent me another message saying as such.

18. thefastlife

oh...and this was his attempt at a measurement to prove me wrong:

[​IMG]

19. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

@thefastlife I'm not going to be much help as I've never had a CC chargeback (knocking on wood really hard right now) but what did he tell the credit card company? Did he say that he didn't authorize the purchase? If so, I'd contact the company and send them screen grabs of your PM conversation as proof that he authorized and received the item.

20. thefastlife

We are writing to let you know that one of your buyers opened a chargeback with their card issuer. The buyer stated the merchandise they received has one of the following problems:

It was damaged or defective
    It was not as described
    Services were not rendered
    Item not received

The buyer had previously opened a PayPal dispute for this transaction. This dispute was resolved in the Resolution Center.

If you have any additional information to help us dispute this chargeback with the card issuer, please log in to your PayPal account and go to your Resolution Center to provide it. Please submit your response within the next 10 calendar days. The timeframes for responding to chargebacks are determined by the card issuer. If we don't receive your documentation within the required timeframe, we may not be able to dispute this chargeback with the card issuer.

The disputed amount is available in your PayPal balance while we work to resolve this chargeback.