• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Lol, me neither. Just found it strange that someone would sign up on ebay and immediatley purchase a seriously outdated tuxedo at an absurd BIN price.

Strange, but beautiful. :) KMP ( and make them BIN IPR going forward...)

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
KMP....(Keep me posted)

I had to look that up.

I thought it might mean Krazy Muther Phucker lol.

Bulk edit...all now are IPR. I tried to set that up a while back (I'm talking 2 years or more), but I was unable to for some reason.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Ive had no problems shipping to Israel.
Plain and simple, USPS Priority flat rate with the online insurance. Will cost you $26 at best. If its lost, the new insurance claim process ( which is amazaballs awesome) will refund you or the buyer. If its over $250 though, use express.
Roll the dice. I just had a 4 feedback buyer from

wait for it
Ashgabat, TURKMENISTAN

Didnt even know that was a country, FYI.

Couldn't find a clip, but this was the most appropriate scene from The Office:

Michael: Okay, you know what? I will not donate my winnings to comic relief since apparently it doesn’t exist. I am going to donate to Afghanistanis with AIDS.

Jim: I think you mean the aid to Afghanistan.

Michael: No, I mean Afghanistanis with AIDS.

Phyllis: “Afghani.”

Michael: What?

Phyllis: It’s “Afghani.”

Michael: That’s a dog.

Pam: No, that’s afghan.

Michael: That’s a shawl.

Dwight: Wait, canine AIDS?

Michael: No, humans with AIDS.

Creed: Who has AIDS?

Jim: Guys, the Afghanistananis.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Plain and simple, USPS Priority flat rate with the online insurance. Will cost you $26 at best. If its lost, the new insurance claim process ( which is amazaballs awesome) will refund you or the buyer. If its over $250 though, use express.

I'm trying to think though the permutations, and I think this does cover me. Bottom line, it's the lack of tracking that's the most worrisome. If he doesn't get it but someone else does (or he does and he's just scamming me), can I claim on the insurance? Anybody know?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm trying to think though the permutations, and I think this does cover me. Bottom line, it's the lack of tracking that's the most worrisome. If he doesn't get it but someone else does (or he does and he's just scamming me), can I claim on the insurance? Anybody know?

If its lost, the new insurance claim process ( which is amazaballs awesome) will refund you or the buyer.

:confused:

Priority has tracking, but not signature capture. You can claim an insurance claim either for undelivered or "damaged". Yafeels?

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roll the dice. I just had a 4 feedback buyer from

wait for it
Ashgabat, TURKMENISTAN

Didnt even know that was a country, FYI.

About a year ago I sold a pair of BB Women's riding boots to an SF member from Kazakhstan. Smooth transaction.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
REMINDER:

Your 10 day Thu-Sun auctions beginning this Thursday and next Thursday will have end times affected by Daylight Savings Time. Schedule accordingly.

Last edited:

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes. Just listed an Aquascutum raincoat and this warning popped up. Scared me!

Are you attempting to list a counterfeit or non-authentic item? Are you aware the listing of such items is not allowed on eBay?
If you continue, your listing will be flagged and promptly reviewed. If your listing appears to offer a counterfeit or non-authentic item, it will be ended and your eBay account could be suspended. We may also refer your listing to the relevant company or law enforcement for review.

If the item is authentic, we encourage you to provide more information in your listing. If it comes with a Certificate of Authenticity or has a serial number please state this in your listing.

We appreciate your help making eBay an even safer place to trade.

Click here for a window with eBay's policy on counterfeit items.

Click here for a window with About Me pages created by trademark owners.

Warning: Do not click the submit button, unless you know the item is authentic.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I've seen that come up for heavily branded designers, but not that brand before. Odd.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes. Just listed an Aquascutum raincoat and this warning popped up. Scared me!
I got that last week for an old Burberry's coat. I decided it wasn't worth the aggravation. Seems like it's a pretty random process that picks up items to question.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

^I've seen that come up for heavily branded designers, but not that brand before. Odd.

I get that message when I'm listing certain brands...wouldn't think I'd see it for something like Aquascutum though!

Don't you hate that sinking feeling you get when communicating with a potential buyer? A series of messages began with asking for a discounted price (I obliged) to what my return policy is to shipping it cheaper. To be fair, they have been polite the entire time, but it always worries me when someone asks a return policy and wants to negotiate shipping prices.

Of course, it could be completely reasonable, so I'm not sure!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I've gotten that for listing Burberry stuff too, but not always... It seems to be for certain items (raincoats and polos at least). It didn't come up when I listed a Burberry London sport coat last week...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads