1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

I've been having an ongoing issue with a pair of RRL chinos that are made with selvedge denim. Another issue is the fact that the actual item name is deadstock boss chino. Called a few times and eBay just gives me endless bs and they even suspended my account one weekend. Been bitching but no real result. Also hate the fact that each rep gives me a different reason on why I'm wrong. Then I ask the rep why another rep said something else and cycle goes on. Worst part is I should easily move time on eBay but not here so it's holding me out of some funds I could use.

TL;dr eBay sucks and no idea what to do

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

While we are on the subject of co-listing.

Has anyone ever seen a US made Burberry London licensed by HartMarx? Found one last week, seems it was done for a short time but apparently some legal issues arose.

Also this seems encouraging. Basically our only way to fight back against the occasional crappy buyer.

[​IMG]

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I hope ebay's finally taking a stand to some of the terrible buyers. They ruin ebay for everyone involved.

Also, I purchased something on ebay this morning. Used shoes at that. Feels dirty :embar: Even had them shipped all the way across the country to my parents so they could ship them back to avoid paying tax...

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Must have been pricey, if that was the cheaper option.

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

8% on 200. My dad is visiting soon though, so if they make it to him in time I won't have to pay return shipping, which is what I'm hoping.

6. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

On March 14 I shipped a shirt in a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope to the Netherlands. Postage was printed on ebay. Buyer sent me a message today that he has not received it yet. Tracking shows nothing after leaving Fayetteville, NC on March 15.

What to do? Does calling the USPS accomplish anything? Does a shipment like this ever take longer than 6 weeks? Refund?

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Always ALWAYS use the "insure" button on PMFRE's. File an online claim in 2 clicks, get paid in 2 days, basta. You did insure, right? :)

8. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

It is a shirt sold for $58. Insurance costs about 3%. Even if I take a complete loss on this one I am way ahead by not insuring on this kind of shipment.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  9. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I've got a Japanese buyer for a vintage Huntsman riding jacket. 0 feedback, solid offer.

What say the masses: Accept or decline?

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

I had pants sent to netherlands end up in Jamaica. Buyer was quite patient thankfully

11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I've had a crazy amount of noob ebay buyers lately. Most of them for high prices, and all made good payment and left good feedback.

12. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I to have had 3 last week that I was worried about when they had won the auction, but all turned out well. In fact, 2/3 were first time purchasers. I welcomed them to eBay and made well with our transactions.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  13. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  14. sagitar

sagitar Well-Known Member

A new eBay buyer bought this shirt.

[​IMG]
    I was getting it ready for shipment that's when I noticed that the shirt had a small hole on the back.

[​IMG]

The buyer wanted the shirt and he gave a fantastic feedback without even receiving the shirt...

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I ship everything either PM or ties and small stuff by PMFREs and insure everything - even if its 12 bucks or something. If it gets lost, you always win an insurance claim, it takes less than 30 seconds, and the payment can be made right to the buyers pp account, no case against you. Its a complete win win. Happened like 5-6 times and is marvelous.

1 person likes this.
  16. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

17. SpooPoker

always, every time, the non-usps. trust me on this.

1 person likes this.
  18. SpooPoker

Looks like the sig requirement was raised to $750?

19. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I told mine it would be $75 to ship to Japan and asked him to confirm his interest in proceeding. Crickets ever since.

Por qua? I recall reviewing and comparing the two coverages. I recall reading the Ship Cover and thinking it covered less. But maybe I misread it.

20. concealed

concealed Senior member

I would probably send this guy a $5 bill along with his shirt (otherwise you are re-donating)