• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The largest cat I have seen only wore a 34 Long. This was a 44R.

I now have the image of a mountain lion in a red hunt coat in my head.

sagitar

Reaction score
Anyone has any experience shipping to Israel? I have customer who wants me to ship two suits to Israel.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone has any experience shipping to Israel? I have customer who wants me to ship two suits to Israel.
Yep, I've shipped there many times.... no problems. Actually I have had very few problems shipping anywhere in the world, and most of the problems have come from US buyers.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold a Hermes tie. Clicked the box for the global shipping dealy. Ordinarily, I would have selected Express mail for international shipping, but chose priority, since I understood the way it works is that I sent via that method to a US address, and then Ebay takes care of sending overseas. Dude in the Netherlands bought it. Now the shipping page has me sending to him (not a central Ebay address), and I can only chose from priority mail options -- I can't choose Express mail.

What's the advice? Should I ship priority with insurance? Just bypass Ebay shipping and buy express postage from USPS? Or maybe first class international registered (though that will probably be too slow)?

sagitar

Reaction score
Has anyone accepted other than Paypal payments? A customer wants to pay by USPS MO. Is that ok to do?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone accepted other than Paypal payments? A customer wants to pay by USPS MO. Is that ok to do?
You are permitted to accept any form of payment you want, but ebay makes it difficult for you to say you accept payments other than paypal (since they directly profit from paypal transactions). Money order, cashiers checks are cool. Avoid western union, and personal checks. When receiving a MO or cashiers check, make sure it clears before you ship.

Also a lot of non-paypal using buyers don;t realize they can pay via credit card via paypal without actually having an account. Just another option.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hi-
I just received the WD portable hard drive that I ord3red from you. Thank you for the fast delivery.
However- as I read- and just reread the description, it says new/unopened/unused.
It obviously was opened and some scratches on it make me wonder if it was used.
Then when I looked at your ad again, it says- up in the "headline" "new condiition".
Had I noticed that, I would not have bought it, but saw the other words that I was looking for in your description- "new/unopened".
I'm not happy about this.
I wanted a NEW WD my passport 500GB hard drive.
What are we going to do?
I look forward to hearing a resolution from you.
Thanks

Hi XXXX,
I'm very sorry to hear about this situation. Are you referring to scratches on the drive itself or on the box? New condition does mean brand new.
Thank you,

"Brand new/unopened". NOT!!!
The box was obviousdly opened and the scratches are ON THE DRIVE ITSELF. Certainly not UNOPENED- looks like someone tried to "clean it up".
I won't know if it is UNUSED until my computer maven comes to help me set it up, but this is not what I thought I was buying.
New condition sounds to me ( and to friends that I conferred with) like " not really new, but reconditioned- or cleaned up to look like new"
At any rate- it certainly was not UNOPENED!! And if it is new, why is it all scratched up?

Please calm down. I purchased the drive brand new from a store, so if it has been used then it must have been a return that the store did not check out thoroughly. I did not open to inspect it as I assumed it would be brand new and had no reason to suspect otherwise. Had I known, I never would have listed it as new -- there have not been any issues with the other drives I sold. I do not know where you are getting the phrase "new condition" from though as those are not my words and not present in my listing.
Please ship it back to me and send me a receipt of the shipment. I will provide you a full refund or exchange if you wish and reimburse the return shipping costs. Again, I'm very sorry that this has happened to you, but I will do my best to correct the issue. Please let me know if this is agreeable and if you wish to proceed with either a refund or exchange.

when you open your ebay ad, it says NEW CONDITION just to the right of the price and just above the shipping price. 
If you have a NEW one in an UNOPENED box and return the shipping charge to me, as well as refund my return shipping, I will agree to an exchange. And, if you will send me the new one ASAP, as part of my upset is that I NEED to save my data immediately.
i.e. the driver will be costing me $53- no shipping.
This to compensate me for the inconvenience of packing and reshipping.
Let me know right away, if you accept these terms.

Ok, I think I understand now that driver was meant to be drive, as in the hard drive. Yes, ship it back and I will refund your original shipping and reimburse your return shipping.

I will open the new drive prior to sending just to ensure that it is new. As I said, these were bought from a store and then no longer needed and sat around, so I assumed they would all be brand new. Again, I'm very sorry for this situation and would not have sold the drive as new had I known.

Thanks,
It is in the mail.
I hope that you will send me the new one ASAP.
And refund my shipping.
Thank you

You said that you would open the next one and make sure it is good, but...nothing personal, but the last box was obviously already opened before I got it, which is what made me suspicious in the first place. I would like a perfectly sealed and unopened box- how else will I know that I am buying a brand new hard drive?
Please send me a brand new/unopened WD harddrive.
Thanks

I guess I just send her another one without checking it any pray she doesn't pull this again? I would send the one from listing pics since it looked in the best condition. Trying my best to work with her, but she's so needy and clearly doesn't trust me despite being so accommodating to her demands... Oh well :rolleyes:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ive had no problems shipping to Israel.
Sold a Hermes tie. Clicked the box for the global shipping dealy. Ordinarily, I would have selected Express mail for international shipping, but chose priority, since I understood the way it works is that I sent via that method to a US address, and then Ebay takes care of sending overseas. Dude in the Netherlands bought it. Now the shipping page has me sending to him (not a central Ebay address), and I can only chose from priority mail options -- I can't choose Express mail. What's the advice? Should I ship priority with insurance? Just bypass Ebay shipping and buy express postage from USPS? Or maybe first class international registered (though that will probably be too slow)?
Plain and simple, USPS Priority flat rate with the online insurance. Will cost you $26 at best. If its lost, the new insurance claim process ( which is amazaballs awesome) will refund you or the buyer. If its over $250 though, use express.
Was totally psyched about this just happening!
Until I saw this. What do you think the chances of this guy paying are?
Roll the dice. I just had a 4 feedback buyer from wait for it
Ashgabat, TURKMENISTAN
Didnt even know that was a country, FYI.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads