• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yay. Paypal now has a code to enter when you log in. More hassles.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice timing, Ebay...

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for USPS to give me a call back but wondering if anyone has ever had something like this happen.

I sold a coat a couple weeks ago. Buyer messages me saying that he didn't get the coat and was wondering if it was returned. I tracked the package on eBay and got this message: "DELIVERED PARCEL LOCKER". I assumed that meant it got dropped off at the post office, so I called them and they said that it was probably an apartment complex and the package is somewhere on their grounds. I check usps.com and get this message: "Your item was forwarded to a different address at 5:17 pm on October 7, 2015 in INVERNESS, FL. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect."

I checked the zip code and that seems fine. No idea what the forwarding instructions could be. Hopefully the USPS rep will be able to help when they call back. Any ideas?

Basically, eBay's tracking says delivered, usps.com tracking says "alert" and then says it's not delivered. Super weird.

Last edited:

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had one of those a few months ago, on my biggest sale too. It stayed as 'undeliverable as addressed' for a couple of days, then 'forwarded to new address', then 'delivered' a few days later. The buyer didn't contact me so I imagine all went well. The paypal address must've not been current.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Do you guys photograph your addressed packages before you ship? Is it useful to do so, in case of a dispute? I do but am wondering if it's necessary.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys photograph your addressed packages before you ship? Is it useful to do so, in case of a dispute? I do but am wondering if it's necessary.

I don't. Printing the label off of ebay/paypal accomplishes the same thing since they can verify the address you shipped to.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
I see. I don't print the label, I hand write everything and then mark shipped and upload the tracking number. Bad idea?

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see. I don't print the label, I hand write everything and then mark shipped and upload the tracking number. Bad idea?

Buy the label thru ebay. It automatically uploads the tracking #, and you should get a discount on postage. Buying thru ebay gives irrefutable proof of shipping.
And the discounts can be sizable - up to 40% +/- depending on what's being shipped.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, c'mon man, we all started that way...
Not slamming the guy... It just seems incredibly time consuming (and expensive). Believe me, I have much to learn in this area. I still print labels and cut them out. I am buying a label printer from eBay which should save me considerable amounts of time.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for USPS to give me a call back but wondering if anyone has ever had something like this happen.

I sold a coat a couple weeks ago. Buyer messages me saying that he didn't get the coat and was wondering if it was returned. I tracked the package on eBay and got this message: "DELIVERED PARCEL LOCKER". I assumed that meant it got dropped off at the post office, so I called them and they said that it was probably an apartment complex and the package is somewhere on their grounds. I check usps.com and get this message: "Your item was forwarded to a different address at 5:17 pm on October 7, 2015 in INVERNESS, FL. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect."

I checked the zip code and that seems fine. No idea what the forwarding instructions could be. Hopefully the USPS rep will be able to help when they call back. Any ideas?

Basically, eBay's tracking says delivered, usps.com tracking says "alert" and then says it's not delivered. Super weird.
THat's very weird, but you are covered. You send it to the address that was Paypal approved, and the tracking says it was delivered. Sucks for the buyer, but it's out of your hands, for the most part.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads