• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always list both tagged and actual sizes. It cuts down on confusion. example: BILLS KHAKIS Sz 38 (actual 39) Blue.....

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always list both tagged and actual sizes. It cuts down on confusion. example: BILLS KHAKIS Sz 38 (actual 39) Blue.....
I've used the subtitle to list the actual size if there's a BIG discrepancy, but otherwise, I list the tagged size and provide measurements.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, ever get the feeling that someone's trying to run a scam of some sort? I get one of these messages that I hate when the buyer pays: "Please notify me upon shipment of the item with any tracking info, etc. please also make sure the item is without defects and as stated. Hope to receive the shoes as illustrated and described. Can't wait for them. Thank you, H.H." Right, so I cringe, but send the boots. The postman left on the porch, in the rain. OK, my fault for not having a plastic bag for inside shoe boxes, so I'm bummed. I looked up the address, the guy has a covered porch, but I suppose it could have been a driving rain, but I checked the weather for the 9th, and there was light rain on Staten Island.

The amount of damage claimed seems inappropriate for a sealed box on a raised covered porch.
Now I just assume that he's fishing for a discount, but I just printed a return shipping label, we will see. Last time I had this kind of passive aggressive messaging it was for authenticity of a new Burberry shirt. I sent a return shipping label on that too, never heard back, never got the item back, I'm hoping for the same result here.
Either way, if for no other reason than the note I got when the buyer paid, I would block: hovah*1
On the other hand, I've seen some **** from sellers on ebay, maybe the guy has been burned before and figured that note would make a difference, like I'd say, well since you put it that way...?

marc roberto

Reaction score
In what world do customers get new with tags Gitman shirts for $18? I just shipped a used one for $18.

There's a small hole in it from the goodwill price gun so I'm not trying to get top dollar but some people are entitled.

Speaking of that, do you guys pass on a lot of stuff because they suck a tag through a bad spot?

Maybe you know this already but often its just the threads are pushed out of place and if you rub it with your fingers pulling the fabric back and forth they go back in place and the hole is gone. Sometimes you need to dampen it first. I've done it many times. I dont think I've ever done that on silk but cotton should work.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone having problems withdrawing money from their paypal?

Last edited:

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, ever get the feeling that someone's trying to run a scam of some sort? I get one of these messages that I hate when the buyer pays: "Please notify me upon shipment of the item with any tracking info, etc. please also make sure the item is without defects and as stated. Hope to receive the shoes as illustrated and described. Can't wait for them. Thank you, H.H." Right, so I cringe, but send the boots. The postman left on the porch, in the rain. OK, my fault for not having a plastic bag for inside shoe boxes, so I'm bummed. I looked up the address, the guy has a covered porch, but I suppose it could have been a driving rain, but I checked the weather for the 9th, and there was light rain on Staten Island.

The amount of damage claimed seems inappropriate for a sealed box on a raised covered porch.
Now I just assume that he's fishing for a discount, but I just printed a return shipping label, we will see. Last time I had this kind of passive aggressive messaging it was for authenticity of a new Burberry shirt. I sent a return shipping label on that too, never heard back, never got the item back, I'm hoping for the same result here.
Either way, if for no other reason than the note I got when the buyer paid, I would block: hovah*1
On the other hand, I've seen some **** from sellers on ebay, maybe the guy has been burned before and figured that note would make a difference, like I'd say, well since you put it that way...?
Your instinct is right. Look at the feedback he gives. So many are 'item had issues but seller made it right'. ******* extortionist scum.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your instinct is right. Look at the feedback he gives. So many are 'item had issues but seller made it right'. ******* extortionist scum.
Oh, jesus, seriously, block this tea bagger. 1/4 of his feedback is "seller made it right" presumably by a refund, this just drives me into a rage.

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Notified by Paypal this morning that someone is trying to do a credit card charge back >_<

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Notified by Paypal this morning that someone is trying to do a credit card charge back >_<

They are annoying... However, I have them down to a science now. First step (and sometimes the only step), call and talk to a PayPal rep. That is usually all that it takes.

rhyme

Reaction score
Did you get a notice from Ebay? curious cause i dont monitor my Paypal linked email account at all.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't decided if I had a really bad September or having an exceptionally good October. My gross sales for the first 9 days of October have already exceeded my sales for the whole month of September.
shog[1].gif

Just throwing this out there but I would venture a guess that this is the result of your finding (and listing) dozens of New AE shoes and belts?
satisfied.gif

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best thing is to post a fit picture and include your dimensions
This only works if you're selling things that fit you. If you're a 36 waist and you post a fit pic of you wearing size 28 pants, it's going to look like weird fetish Appreciation that I don't understand or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads