1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Sold a shirt after extensive conversation about lowering the price. I lowered it and sent him the shirt. The tracking info still sells "out for delivery". He's opened a case stating the shirt does not match description. AS IF I could miss the measurement by 2 inches! Things like this make me wonder how Ebay can justify not being able to leave negative feedback for buyers. WTF?

He sent me pictures a few minutes later that don't really look like the same shirt I sent him.

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Paying return shipping... lol. Time to teach him eBay policy.

3. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

That blows. I think ebay is changing the policy that if you win a dispute, the buyer cant give you any feedback. When i can, i put pictures of a measuring tape up against the clothes and include them in the pictures.

The best solution is to accept returns. Charge an extra $.50 for shipping on every item to cut your shipping cost if you have to pay to return an item. :nodding:

4. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

How much less do you get on those Robt Graham shirts that have the initials RG on them? Before someone says, "do a completed listings search". I tried and it you can't separate the Robert grahams from the RGs. Thanks.

5. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Do a completed listing search and use the below in the search

Robert Graham "RG"

That will only pull up items that have "RG" in the title [​IMG]

But to answer our question it depends. Make sure it is not the RG London as that is a totally different brand

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

-london ;)

7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

You missed my point. Add "-london" to your search term.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I hate the fact you cant do wildcard searches anymore.

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

11. suited

suited Senior member

Accidentally listed the same blazer twice. The 2nd time the blazer sold I couldn't find it to ship it, then I realized that I sold it a week earlier. I message the 2nd buyer and say this:

I just issued you a full refund. I accidentally listed the same blazer twice, and this blazer was actually sold a week ago. I was going crazy trying to find it in my closet, and then I looked at my sold items and realized what happened. I am so sorry.

His reply:

I find all of this to be more than a little peculiar, as I just asked you a question about the jacket on April 8th and you responded as to its condition. I also find it hard to believe that you "forgot" that you sold it so quickly.

My reply:

Dear damon_pace16,

The question you asked me did not require me to actually look at the jacket. You asked if it had any rips or tears. I always inspect each item when I'm listing it, so I knew right away that it didn't have any rips or tears, otherwise they would have been listed in the auction. As I told you, the jacket was accidentally listed twice, and below is a link to the first listing that sold before yours - you'll notice that it's the exact same jacket. Additionally, I've also attached two photos from my eBay app that clearly showed the jacket originally sold on 3/31. You can either be a gentleman and apologize for accusing me of something (although I have no idea why any seller would intentionally list something twice, only having to refund one of the buyers), or you can take the matter up with eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230952686044?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

I'm anxiously awaiting his reply.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  12. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Ouch. Do you think he was just trying to make a return out of buyer's remorse or do you think his measurements were off?
    You sounds like you're being entirely reasonable, so I have no idea what his problem might be. Why wouldn't you want to sell him something?!

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

14. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

When I got my first and only negative feedback to date (knock on wood), I was horrified to see it on top. I continued to leave feedback for buyers as normal, and it was quickly pushed down and my percentage went back up. It's still an eyesore to me, but you're bound to either make a mistake and get called out for it (warranted or not) or someone will find some way to complain.

15. concealed

concealed Senior member

as long as you don't have a ton of negative feedbacks, its not going to affect anything

16. suited

suited Senior member

I'm not sure what he thinks I would get out of coming up with a devious plot to sell him something and then issue him a full refund.

17. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

True, but that is the genius of your plan.

2 people like this.
  18. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

I have stuff that I know I didnt sell and still can't find when I go to look for it only for it to show up weeks/months later. Never had a problem with a buyer if I misplaced and item and sometimes when tell them I found it then then buy it again.

19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Is there a way to use that first class delcon international service outside of ebay? Can't figure out how to ship something using that (non-ebay related).

20. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

For the DELCON packages I have sent, the option just said first class international. The label just printed out with the DELCON emblem. However I have not yet had a package to ship to Canada outside of eBay since the service started.