1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Has it tracked at all since you shipped it? Many times, the carrier doesn't scan the label. Or potentially the delivery confirmation label could have fallen off, or gotten damaged.

Could you post the tracking number so we can see what it is saying?

2. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

The item tracking number is:

9405509699939493479522​

As you can see, everything seems fine until the last status update.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Looks like it could be a few possibilities.

They forgot to scan it.
    They forgot to batch out the scanner at the end of the day.
    They still have it on the truck.

I would give it a day or two and call the post office. Or call sooner if you want.

Did the buyer leave feedback by chance?

4. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

No feedback yet. Though in ~10 sales, it usually takes some time to receive feedback. I'll hang out a few more days, and then call the post office if it is still undelivered and no feedback indicating it was received is posted.

Thanks for the help. [​IMG]

5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

(6 days ago) ebay seller message to me: I have left You positive feedback regarding the purchase of this item. When you receive the item can you please return the favor for me and leave me positive feedback as well?

me: Will do.

(today) ebay seller: You still haven't left me feedback for the item, can you please do so?

me: I do my feedback in batches, about once per month.

(10 minutes later) ebay seller: Ok, But it would literally take you about 20 seconds to leave the feedback.

me: OK now you have wasted the time I would have used for feedback.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  6. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

That's weird, I've never heard of someone so insistant on feedback. Did they have a low number and wanted more to lift restrictions possibly?

Does anyone else add words to their title as an auction goes? I know most probably use the max anyway, but sometimes I like to add words midway through the auction and chart the views, check to see if certain magical words related to an item make a jump in traffic.

7. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I don't know the reason. If the seller had given me a reason like that then I would have given the feedback immediately. Instead he kept buzzing around about it and irritated me a little bit when he explained how little time it takes. I have always thought it is undignified to beg and kiss ass for feedback. Now I am leaning toward not giving him any.

Changing your words and tracking results is a version of A/B Testing. Very interesting subject.

8. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

What part of BINOBO do people not get??

[​IMG]

10. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I often throw things on the watch list if I'm undecided or comparing to similar items. Don't see what's so unusual about that.

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

12. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

eBay watchers are strange. I had a very rare expensive collectible item listed below market value (in my eyes). 30 day BINOBO and 13 watchers up until the very last second. Not a single offer submitted, and this isn't an item that people could be wafting about. If they typed it into the search, they were a collector.

I relisted only a little bit cheaper and within 5 minutes I had 5 watchers again. Still no offers.

13. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I know a lot of times I'll watch rare items to try and gauge interest/prospective selling prices when there isn't much to go off of in terms of completed listings data.

14. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Watching of BIN/OBO auctions usually implies one of four things:

1. A desirable item is too expensive and thus placed on watch list on off chance that the price will reduce by X % further down the road.

2. Buyer likes item but not enough to make an immediate impulse offer or purchase. Buyer places on watch and uses watch list to filter out items he/she wishes to purchase. Kinda like a shopping list with essential items mixed with non essentials.

3. Buyer places item on watch with the mindset "I will purchase this one day if it does not sell and I have the money to do so".

4. Buyer brand whoring, in his mind he wants something from one of the big brands. That item you listed works for him but he will hang around until something better comes along.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  15. chiron

chiron Senior member

They are other sellers... watching what your item sells for.