• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Feedback selection is still pending. Call me a nice guy, but I really hate to leave neg feedback for anyone....at least not without giving them a chance.

The way I read your account he has refused to refund the difference.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any recommendations for a good, cheap postal scale?
My old TJMaxx kitchen scale finally bit the dust.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use a digiweigh I got on ebay about 5 years ago for under $10. It keeps going strong. Measures down to the 10th of an ounce. I can't remember how high it goes, but I know I have had some 35 pounders on there.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sagitar

Reaction score
Last week I sold few items on Ebay and I accidentally shipped an item that was not paid by the buyer. I sent an email asking for payment, the buyer responded saying that he'll get to it, now it's been two days since the item was delivered and I still haven't got the money. What are my options?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Last week I sold few items on Ebay and I accidentally shipped an item that was not paid by the buyer.  I sent an email asking for payment, the buyer responded saying that he'll get to it, now it's been two days since the item was delivered and I still haven't got the money.  What are my options?

To learn a valuable lesson...

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think being honest and explaining the situation sooner rather than later will be more beneficial.

I have actually had this happen once and the buyer was so extremely nice about the entire transaction. I wasn't sure whether I just lost the item, donated it, gave it away or what. I told the buyer that I couldn't find it but would keep looking. They told me to let them know if it came up but were extremely nice about it.

Communication is key.

Ur descriptions has me to believe I was the buyer In this specific situation . Did this happened to be a BB Egyptian cotton dress shirt few months back?

Dolfan954

Reaction score
Ur descriptions has me to believe I was the buyer In this specific situation . Did this happened to be a BB Egyptian cotton dress shirt few months back?

Nope, not me! In my situation it happened on a plain jane pair of PRL Dungarees.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They really can't close it. They need to give the buyer the opportunity to back out by lying and saying they bid the wrong amount.

Sorry, I thought Spoo was suggesting that the buyer cancel the bid, then end the item. That would be a loophole.

Nope. Brooks Brothers green paisley dot tie. Must have sent it to an SFer as an extra in a trade and forgotten to take it off my inventory. So when I did my mass of relisting after my Holiday break, this went up and got sold. Refunded the money plus 20% ($2) and canceled the transaction. No negative feedback....yet.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. Got an offer on a BIN/OBO,the first time I've tried this format. Is an offer in addition to shipping costs, or total paid out the door? Really matters as the buyer is in Japan.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, quick question. Got an offer on a BIN/OBO,the first time I've tried this format. Is an offer in addition to shipping costs, or total paid out the door? Really matters as the buyer is in Japan.

It should be just for the item. It should also show you the shipping the buyer will pay when you're looking at the offer, deciding whether to accept or not.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It should be just for the item. It should also show you the shipping the buyer will pay when you're looking at the offer, deciding whether to accept or not.
+1
I dont believe so, I have yet to experience an offer. But from my understanding, they are offering a negotiable price based on the selling price, sans delivery cost.
+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads