1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Was a pair of boots in box wes. Too big for any flat rate box but only like 5.5lb. Shipping costs me 20-30ish on them depending on distance.

2. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Thought I'd kick this over here as instructed.

So...a "B" box, eh?

[​IMG]

2 piece, 42L Jack Victor Prossimo suit. Check

[​IMG]

2 Brooks Brothers Slim Fit Non Iron 16.5 X 35 shirts.

[​IMG]

Bagged up, boxed and neckties on the side.

[​IMG]

Sealed up and awaiting addy.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the tip, Brian. I'd have been stuffing everything into the Tyvek! :lol:

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

That's not a Regional "B" size Dig. That's a large Flat Rate

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

5. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I really need to be proactive with doing this. I have all the priority boxes in stock already. I like my sturdy boxes from my supplier, but they cost a buck a piece. I could save about $2000 in boxes a year if I paid better attention. It's just so easy to ship with the same box, rather than check to see which is cheaper every time. Call me lazy, but my ship days get so hectic with 50 or so packages going out.

I do still prefer my sturdier boxes for shoe shipments. I spend so much time making them wear-ready.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

8. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

How long does it take before the urge to check your auctions for new bids every 20 minutes goes away? :embar:

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its been 15 years for me, still waiting.

10. hucklecat

hucklecat Senior member

Don't forget about the flat rate padded envelope. Fits all pants and any shirt I have come across for flat $5.35. They stretch a little.

Its an option.

11. hucklecat

hucklecat Senior member

never. I really need to get back into the auctions. A true blast to watch when you have 50 auctions ending at the same time!

12. tben

tben Senior member

$6.05 now. The tracking is built in. No more delivery confirmation.

13. concealed

concealed Senior member

Do you not have a smart phone? I get a little buzz every time I get a bid haha, I have to imagine you have that feature turned off Spoo?

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

FTFM

Yeah bro. I do. :)

15. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I actually WAS shipping across country. DC area to Houston, TX so I wasn't sure about the regional aspect. My local post office is usually packed with a 30 minute or longer line so I use the electronic kiosk and thus, couldn't ask anyone for shipping advice.

I figured it wasn't the regional box that you recommended when the option came up on the kiosk screen but the pictures for regional and flat rate were the same and everything was already packed so off it went for $16.75-ish. It's for a family member and I may never recoup any of the costs so it's not a big concern this time. I couldn't find any boxes marked "regional" and this one had a "B" on the label so I rolled with it.

Thanks for the link to the other boxes. I may be shipping more down to him in the near future.

encyclopaedia

16. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  17. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Just found that setting and turned it on. :)

18. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I have to keep my phone plugged in on Sunday nights or it will surely die.

19. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Got this note from the buyer of this suit this morning......http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140909588019

Just wanted to let you know that I am in reciept of the Paul Stuart suit and I'm just completely SPEECHLESS right now. The suit is BEAUTIFUL. Completely what I was looking for. I'm soo happy that I decided to get it. Came in the mail on yesterday - I took it out the box and just couldn't believe the quality of the piece goods. The construction is flawless and the feel is the BOMB. There is nothing like a full canvassed suit. I tried it on and it fit wonderfully. I'm going to shorten the sleeves on the jacket by 1/4 inch and then have my tailor cut working button holes to give it that "bespoke" look. I'm going to take in the waist by 1/2 inch because I've been losing a little weight lately and drop the cuff size on the trousers by 1/2 inch.

Even with those small details - I decided to just wear it to work this morning for Valentine's Day. My wife just couldn't stop complimenting me on the suit as I was leaving the house this morning and I've been getting the same thing at work all day. I had a meeting with the university provost this morning and he pulled me to the side and asked about the suit. I told him it was a Paul Stuart and since he is a native New Yorker - he knew exactly what I had on. He had this look like - "that's a $2000 suit!!!!" hahahahahaha!

Again - thank you for everything and PLEASE if you run across another suit like this - let me know because I have a new found respect for the PAUL STUART line.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I got chills just reading it, bet that made your day!