• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know I asked this before, and I recall all the "why do you use a PC, you troglodite" mockery. I don't recall whether anyone had any actual suggestions, though.
Is there an equivalent of GarageSale, with all its listing expedition and inventory tracking functionality plus its attractive pricepoint, for PC?
I've looked into Turbo_Lister (useless; didn't run), inkFrog and others. All sound intriguing, but cost money. As usual, I want all of that, for free.
Also, did whomever was working on that listing template send around the final? I'm trying to get my act together for the new year.
Thanks in advance.
That was MZHammer, He ended up starting a new thread for it here...
http://www.styleforum.net/t/325478/a-styleforum-ebay-template-journey

redsfaithful

Reaction score
When someone buys something with a Buy It Now in the first day after listing do you assume you had it listed too cheaply? Or are you just glad for a quick transaction?

I am thinking I made a mistake here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221167578498?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

I have found a few suits recently that seem completely unworn, pockets still sewn shut, etc. but am having a hard time pricing, because I know they still aren't NWOT. And on nicer labels it seems like there's such a huge range of prices. When I was looking at Canali sold listings it seemed like it ran the gamut from $100-$600. Any thoughts? I'm new at this obviously.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I've learned that it's useless to pickup anything, especially pants with an odd-numbered size.
Why??

Quote: AKA - My ebay store... I sell and ship an item almost every day, usually 2-3 a day. Some stuff sits for months and months then sells at the BIN price even that I have best offer on every item and other stuff sells within 24 hours.

Quote: +1 How can I see if I have selling limits (I dont think I have any)

If everything sold at the BIN price it would be $898,003.74 over 450 items.
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 How can I see if I have selling limits (I dont think I have any)

When I go to my "Activity, Sell" page (not the seller manager; just "Sell" under "Activity", at the top I have a bar that tells me how many scheduled, active, etc. listings I have. It has three rows for current month activity: You have sold, You have listed and You can list. There are two columns, one with numbers, one with dollars. True, my numbers are quite high. But I do have limits. And I ran right up against them last month.
Maybe it's because I don't have a store. I don't think it's because I'm new; I've been selling for well over a year now.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When someone buys something with a Buy It Now in the first day after listing do you assume you had it listed too cheaply? Or are you just glad for a quick transaction?

I am thinking I made a mistake here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221167578498?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

I have found a few suits recently that seem completely unworn, pockets still sewn shut, etc. but am having a hard time pricing, because I know they still aren't NWOT. And on nicer labels it seems like there's such a huge range of prices. When I was looking at Canali sold listings it seemed like it ran the gamut from $100-$600. Any thoughts? I'm new at this obviously.
I would have gone probably 2x that BIN, just because that size is more desirable.

table21

Reaction score
So here is a question I have, and something I find extremely painful when dealing on Ebay and buying things on forums like this. Shipping always seems to be a problem when getting good from the US to Canada, where I live. For some reason I end up paying about $20 to get a shirt shipped and about $40 for a suit. Now that price is not that bad except that it seems to take 2-3 weeks for most of these items to arrive. I have a small business that I run in Canada and for $25 I can next day ship goods from Toronto to anywhere in the US. So why do I always get stuck having to wait such a long time, and does anyone (especially those from Canada) have any good way to get around this?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Move to the US...
peepwall[1].gif

J/K

This is a point of frustration for us US sellers too. It really makes no sense for it to take so long, and be so expensive, to get to you. After all, the last time I checked we are still on the same continent.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
So here is a question I have, and something I find extremely painful when dealing on Ebay and buying things on forums like this. Shipping always seems to be a problem when getting good from the US to Canada, where I live. For some reason I end up paying about $20 to get a shirt shipped and about $40 for a suit. Now that price is not that bad except that it seems to take 2-3 weeks for most of these items to arrive. I have a small business that I run in Canada and for $25 I can next day ship goods from Toronto to anywhere in the US. So why do I always get stuck having to wait such a long time, and does anyone (especially those from Canada) have any good way to get around this?
It's because you pay more in taxes to have stuff shipped faster
nest.gif

yossi

Reaction score
(I'm cross-posting this question from the "ask a question, get an answer" quick-question thread. )

I don't intend to make selling on eBay a thing I do on the regular as an added source of income. But I do have some nice stuff that I'd like to sell, and I frequently come across good stuff in thrifts that I'd like to flip.

Is there a good rule of thumb for when it makes sense to

• Sell it myself, as an inexperienced seller with not too many ratings
  • Consign it with someone experienced, probably from SF
  • Sell it on the B&S fora here

? I'd like to maximize profit to me. I don't want stuff to sit around forever, but I don't need to get it out of my house tomorrow or anything.

E.G. sell exotic high-end brands here; don't sell expensive stuff on eBay if you're not an experienced seller; sell stuff yourself if you expect it to got for less than $40, etc?

Forgive me if this has been addressed already; I did some searching but didn't find anything.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's because you pay more in taxes to have stuff shipped faster :nest:

This is me thinking about USPS service: :drool:

Free pick-up for some service levels, some free shipping materials, flat-rate service, Saturday delivery...

All that AND access to the largest ebay market.

/rant

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads