• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've sold a few items on B&S and for what it's worth I've always posted mid-week, mid-day and always bumped around there i.e. 7 days later. I've had them sit dormant for a week or two but twice in this scenario I've had someone contact to buy within one hour of bumping.

So maybe: no rhyme or reason to listing/bumping time and in my case it probably has more to do with being near the front.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another for the blacklist - a seller: dwer5329
(I'm not asking people to do work for me; I don't have the blacklist info anymore and want to give a heads-up).
Dude sold me a sweater described as being in "mint" condition, and when I got it, it had 3 spots of spaghetti sauce or BBQ sauce or something dribbled down the front. He offered to refund the purchase price and said I should go get it dry cleaned. He'll take a return, still only refund purchase price, but not shipping costs either way.
I've never left a negative feedback for a seller but in this case I might.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Vaguely off topic: What's the best day to bump your Styleforum listing? Part of me thinks it should be during the workday, when people are procrastinating. But I know the accepted wisdom is that ebay listings should end on Sunday, early evening. Thoughts?
Never
lol8[1].gif

The B&S IMO is pretty useless these days....maybe I'm totally f'ing it up, but I use to do a TON of sales and now if I have maybe one a month I'm happy and my listings have not changed and I was bumping every 7 days....

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Vaguely off topic: What's the best day to bump your Styleforum listing? Part of me thinks it should be during the workday, when people are procrastinating. But I know the accepted wisdom is that ebay listings should end on Sunday, early evening. Thoughts?

I list on Saturday or Sunday AM and pay for the 7 buck bump fee, bump on Mon, Wed, and Fri.

Dont out bump me, bro.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I forget to bump my listings for months. Eventually someone finds it.

Last edited:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Thoughts on this... I picked up a piece to an old camera from a seller with a solid rep from Poland of all places (listed on US ebay). Auction closed on the 27th of last month, and I was notified of shipping a day or two later. Ebay's estimated delivery (I'm sure it's useless, right?) says Nov. 29th to Dec 12th. This is a general automated estimate that doesn't take into account the holiday season or that it's arriving from an international seller right?

Should I give it till the end of the week before contacting him? Ebay for some reason says the item has been re-listed, but when you click on their link to see, it takes me to an auction with similar words in the title, but a totally different thing. Also his completed listings don't show him re-selling it to someone else, so I assume I'm safe. Ebay mentioned the re-listing after the item had shipped.

Am I just an impatient bastard?

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Should I give it till the end of the week before contacting him? Ebay for some reason says the item has been re-listed, but when you click on their link to see, it takes me to an auction with similar words in the title, but a totally different thing. Also his completed listings don't show him re-selling it to someone else, so I assume I'm safe. Ebay mentioned the re-listing after the item had shipped.

He probably clicked relist to use the same template or something and then filled in the specifics with his new item. No clue on the rest, it shouldn't be a big deal to just shoot seller a message.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's what I figured.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just did a major closet cleaning, photographed and measured everything in anticipation of listing tomorrow night, then I realized the auctions will be ending the day before Christmas eve.

Are you big time sellers holding off till after the holidays?
I seem to remember stuff selling poorly in january and february.

masaccio

Reaction score
I bought an RLPL silk knit tie on Ebay that was advertised as black. Picked it up from the Post Office and it's navy.

I'm willing to keep the tie, as I don't have one in navy, but black was the preference as a staple addition.

For context, the only suit I own (and really need, at this stage) is navy.

I'm thinking I will just keep the tie, rather than go through hassle of returns, but wondering what to do about feedback. Is feedback a huge deal to sellers? I would assume I should communicate with the seller, first.

Thoughts?

sns23

Reaction score
Yes. Feedback is a big deal. I would discuss with the seller before leaving feedback. You could possibly get a partial refund. At worst, i would leave neutral feedback (because a dark navy can look black to a lot of people)

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just did a major closet cleaning, photographed and measured everything in anticipation of listing tomorrow night, then I realized the auctions will be ending the day before Christmas eve.
Are you big time sellers holding off till after the holidays?
I seem to remember stuff selling poorly in january and february.
I am continuing with business as usual (listings ending on Sunday night.) I am banking on drunken post Christmas party bidding, and bids by those poor sartorial souls who are stuck at the in-laws' house for the weekend.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought an RLPL silk knit tie on Ebay that was advertised as black. Picked it up from the Post Office and it's navy.
I'm willing to keep the tie, as I don't have one in navy, but black was the preference as a staple addition.
For context, the only suit I own (and really need, at this stage) is navy.
I'm thinking I will just keep the tie, rather than go through hassle of returns, but wondering what to do about feedback. Is feedback a huge deal to sellers? I would assume I should communicate with the seller, first.
Thoughts?
Yes, it is a big deal. I lose a little sleep every night since the 1 negative feedback I received a few months back. I seller with 100% positive feedback will likely go above and beyond to keep a clean record. In any case, I prefer no feedback at all to a neutral/negative feedback.

As far as the Navy/Black deal...I still have to ask my wife to look at all of those things before I list them. Some of those navy suits and ties are just so damn dark!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads