Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Cool, thanks. I'll shoot her a message and give that a try.

Don't quote me on that. I don't have high confidence that it works. The phone support I received was really poor, counter to your experiences with them.

2. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Bought a suit from some ebay seller, turns out he sent me an orphaned jacket and pants (two different shades), and did not mention that in his ad. Sent him a message asking if he mixed up the pants. (no reply yet)

Anyway, this was an international sale, and I returning the suit to him would cost me 80$. I'm kind of pissed off right now, because this could have been easily avoided by the seller...

What should I do from here?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012

3. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you guys are referring to, but I have several addresses in my PayPal account. I simply select the address in which I'd like things sent and go from there. It's always been covered by PayPal I believe, I've had one dispute of charges in my life (from Etsy). Before you refund/send a new invoice, I'd clarify with her that she has to change the address in PayPal, she can't just message you with a different address.

4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Also, during checkout there is an option for the buyer to add a different "ship to" address. Although it's probably too late for that option at this point.

5. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

Allowed international buyers to bid on an auction at the request of one buyer, and sure enough the auction was won by a buyer from Argentina with no feedback who joined the day the auction closed.

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Next time, just add the requesting bidder to the Buyer Requirements Exemption List.

However, If you can do it, I would strongly recommend allowing international bidders. My International sales account for 17% of my sales this year, roughly $11K. I might add, I rarely have an issue with my international buyers and many of them return to shop again.

7. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

8. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

people cra cra!

9. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Also, I bought a pair of black oxfords almost 3 weeks ago, and the guy first shipped them out yesterday. To be honest, I'm fuming because those shoes were specifically meant to be used this Christmas. Obviously I wont' get them here in time (International shipment, no express option), probably not this year even.

Would I be wrong giving the guy bad/neutral feedback? I'm just so tired of all these Ebay sellers, I've had 4 consecutive sellers screw up my orders now.

10. anakin

anakin Well-Known Member

3 weeks to even begin the shipment is a bad feedback score, no doubt.

If they arrive in perfect condition and you're really happy, you can let him/her off with a neutral but awarding him a positive is a no-no because it isn't fair to future buyers. And give him 0 stars for shipping.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Did you contact the seller at all during that period? Pretty sure you forfeited your right to an item not received case by waiting over 14 days to make a claim.

12. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I'm fairly certain you have 45 days to open the case.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Yup, you're correct.

I thought the time period was shorter on item not received than SNAD for some reason.

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Wes, have you ever seen a gift payment like this? I called paypal (and asked Brian :)), but it looks strange to me. They said it was a personal payment though.

[​IMG]