Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

You;ll prob find your name on the 'black list' [​IMG]

2. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Even if I tell the seller that I can't buy the product because of the answer he gave me?
    Oh, damn. I don't want to buy stuff that don't fit me.

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Are you fucking stupid? Well I've seen your posts elsewhere in the forum... but if you have questions, ask them before the auction ends. When you bid, you're making a commitment to buy that item! Fuck...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012

4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I've been in a similar situation. I bid on a pair of ferragamo's thinking they were mainline, but only noticed they were from the studio line after I won the auction. I notified the seller of my mistake and sent him $5 as a courtesy to cancel the transaction.

5. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

While that was "nice" of you, it was much nicer of the seller to let you off of the hook. It is always the BUYER'S responsibility to know what they are bidding on. If it is licensed, and was easily visible from the auction that is on the buyer.

Ask to wanting to bid on something you don't know if you want? If you bid, you pay. If you don't get the answer you want, don't bid.

6. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

I did ask the question before the auction ended. The auction is not over yet, and I haven't bidded.

7. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

You can cancel your own bid before the auction ends actually.

I found that out the hard way as I'd always thought you had to ask the seller to cancel for you, but a few weeks back I had a guy cancel a bid on me.

I was pissed at first but it let me see what his high bid amount was and I'm pretty sure he forgot a decimal point and bid something like $1350 on a shirt that i started at $10 when he only meant to bid $13.50.

8. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I agree; onus on the buyer. He was a good guy for letting me off the hook. That being said, alot of buyers wouldn't voluntarily pay a good-will fee.

I think both sellers and buyers should show reasonableness.

9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Most sellers will only "let you off the hook" because they don't get a choice in the matter. If they don't accept your $5, then the buyer just opens a dispute with ebay and they get nothing. The seller didn't agree because he thought that was a reasonable offer or value for his time.

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Hey dudes, help please. Just sold a video game and the lady already paid, got this message:

Obviously I can't ship to any address other than the one on paypal, but is there a way to retroactively change the invoiced address? She also has like 80% feedback and has no clue what she bought since she doesn't know the name of the game...

Also, if I have to refund her, do I get my FVF back?

11. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

I have had a buyer change the address on eBay before. I am not sure if they have to do it through PayPal or eBay but it can be done. I think if they are "verified" on one address, changing to any address also works fine.

Refund doesnt give you FVF but if you cancel the transaction you get a FVF credit.

How did she get 80% feedback as a buyer?

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

She got a neg as a seller and 4 positives as a buyer.

13. Brianpore

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Didn't know you could do that. If I refund and she doesn't pay, I'm out the FVF though right?

Ebay customer service was useless by the way. Kept telling me to void the shipping label, despite clearly stating I had not printed a shipping label multiple time. Eventually they told me she could just update her address in ebay account and that would work...

15. Brianpore