• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying a more modern suit in Atlanta - Help!

jeffyhow

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a somewhat modern suit (but not too forward) and live in Atlanta. I'm looking to spend somewhere in the $500 range. This would be my second suit and I was thinking something with small lapels, double vented, and slim - likely dark gray. I'm 6', 150 if that matters.

Any suggestions on where I should go?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a Syms out on Roswell Road near the 120 Loop. They sell Hugo Boss in that price range. Keep in mind the construction will not be great. Also, there's a Saks Off Fifth and a Neiman Marcus Last Call at Discover Mills up in Gwinnett County (north on 85 until you get to Sugarloaf Parkway), which both carry a lot of Hugo Boss in that price range. Have you looked at H&M at Atlantic Station? Other than that, using your criteria (price and fit) I cannot really think of anything.

jeffyhow

Reaction score
I've heard mixed things about Hugo Boss quality. Does that hold any water?

Mr T

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Regent line on sale.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeffyhow

They are not very good from a quality perspective. However, at that price point, that may be something you have to live with. However, if you want a fashionable suit to wear infrequently, don't want to spend a lot of money, and are more concerned with fit than quality, it might be right for you. I have a couple of Hugo Boss suits that I still wear from time to time and they have served me well for the price.

I hadn't thought of the Brooks Brothers Regent, which you may be able to find for $500 on sale, but the fit is not so much slim as it is slimmer than other BB suits.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a somewhat modern suit (but not too forward) and live in Atlanta. I'm looking to spend somewhere in the $500 range. This would be my second suit and I was thinking something with small lapels, double vented, and slim - likely dark gray. I'm 6', 150 if that matters.

Any suggestions on where I should go?

You might look at Tiger of Sweden, which will be just a tad trimmer than Boss and comparably made, if not a bit better. I don't know who would carry it down there.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloomingdales also has hugo suits in that price range during sales.

jeffyhow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
fixed
I think the Fitzgerald line is single vented (looking online), but I will go to the store tomorrow to see if they all are. It's a shame they have a 2 for $999 deal, but no deals on 1, even at $600 or so.

JE4Nius

Reaction score
The Saks Off 5th and NM Last Call don't have much selection right now, was just there last week.

I would defenitely check out the H&M @ Atlantic Station. They have GREAT stuff for SUPER cheap. Always a great selection.

If you are willing to buy at Marshalls, the one on Peachtree @ the Terminus Building has a great selection of HB and Armani suits, also the one @ Piedmont & Sidney Marcus has a decent selection too. Usually range from $300-$899.

OR, if you're a 44r, you can buy my NWT Armani Collezioni suit for $600 : )

TheDroog

Reaction score

My brother got a Boss suit in high school, and after 10+ years of infrequent use, he says it looks just as good as when he bought. You can take that for what it's worth.

TintinATL

Reaction score
There's another Saks Off Fifth at the Georgia Premium Outlets in Dawsonville. Plus there's a Hugo Boss factory store there too. Up 400 North about 45 minutes from the city.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Hugo Boss quality issue is drastically exaggerated on this forum.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
I think the Hugo Boss quality issue is drastically exaggerated on this forum.

I tend to agree with you on this one..

I forgot about the Hugo Boss outlet at North GA Premium Outlets.. Good call..

JE4Nius

Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot about the HB Outlet up 400.

They have GREAT deals on suits. Last I was there all of their suits were between $250-$500. TONS of selection also

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads