• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying a fake rolex

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Ok first of all I am quite aware of how passionate most of you are about knock off merchandise.

Please don't post how much you don't agree with it or what kind of a person you think buys a fake Rolex since it's really up to the person whether or not he considers it bad.

Basically I want a Rolex that closely resembles a real model, and is of a quality which basically compares to some cheaper watches (think Sears.) I am not keen on superb quality, it's a watch, whether it cost 20k or 100$ to make it, the hands still move the same way (I'm too worried about the precision of expansive watches vs cheap ones, the offset is negligible to me.)

Does anyone know where I can get a good replica? I know a lot of Chinese stores sell it online, but I want a retailer that was checked out by someone so I know that it is not complete crap.

There are a lot of articles about fakes that are next to impossible to tell apart from the original, I would be much more interested in those for a few hundred dollars over a 20$ POS sold on Russian subway stations.

As this thread is bound to receive criticism, perhaps I can ask that only people who own a genuine Rolex criticize since they are really the only ones I am offending here.

Thanks.

SlamMan

Reaction score
Manouche?

blofeld

Reaction score
Tao Bao City, NanJing Lu, Shanghai, P.R.C.

Other than lighter weight and weaker date magnification, the uneducated cannot tell the difference on many models, the Sub most notably

Orange

Reaction score
Originally Posted by retXed
get a different brand(real)

agreed. If you're looking for the best knockoffs they still cost $300+. Those are the flawless kinds on the surface but it'll only last you a year or 2 due to color rubbing off, water getting under the face of the watch, etc. For that price you might as well buy a watch you can afford. It may be from a brand people don't recognize but at the very least you'll feel better about yourself because you paid for quality and you'll be able to appreciate what's on your wrist.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen some pretty impressive Panerai knockoffs in the city streets of NYC.

huy

Reaction score
Buying a knock off is bad no matter how hard you try to convince yourself otherwise. It is blatant stealing of someone's design/ideas.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
maybe you can write about this fake Rolex in your application to Harvard Law.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=91234

I acually expected this from you
devil.gif
and I think this really has NOTHING to do with one another.

Why are people so hostile on the subject, as someone mentioned in another post watches are more or less toys for grownups. If buying a replica offends you, for the love of god buy the original.

I have nothing against real watches and at the right time when I have the resources I'll buy a real watch that I like, but right now I have nothing against fakes. So they will last 18 months, I'll get something else when they break.

You can get a watch that will last you 10 years under 100$ but I don't care about quality of a watch. I can't think of a device with a more simple (and with cellphones/iphones more or less mediocre) task. It is mostly for fun, something to joke about with your friends and watch an amusing reaction of strangers; at least at the university level.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
Ok first of all I am quite aware of how passionate most of you are about knock off merchandise.

Please don't post how much you don't agree with it or what kind of a person you think buys a fake Rolex since it's really up to the person whether or not he considers it bad.

Not true. Buying fake also means you're supporting this crime, and that's what I don't agree with.

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by huy
Buying a knock off is bad no matter how hard you try to convince yourself otherwise. It is blatant stealing of someone's design/ideas.

Is it alright if I give the idea back when I'm done with it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads