Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying a desktop PC in the UK

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by skippy upwood, Jun 19, 2011.

1. skippy upwood

skippy upwood Well-Known Member

I live in the UK and I'm looking to buy a desktop computer, since my current computer (which I bought in 2004) is falling apart.

My monitor and speakers are in a reasonable condition so I don't need to replace them.

My criteria are:

- Must be £500 or less

- Good quality components, esp. a good cooling system - I don't have A/C in my study and its gets dusty at times.

- Reasonable customer service

- Up to date, since I enjoy playing computer games.

Any recommendations (other than self-build and importing from the US) would be very welcome.

2. rickym1

rickym1 Member

hi, i dont no wereabouts in the UK you are but there is a company in watford called RL supplies (http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/) that do desktops pretty much made to order, you pick and match components and they assemble and advise you, should get a decent machine for around £500, Ive got my last 2 machines from them and can't fault theyre service. Hope that helps.

Ricky