• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buy quality hangers in Australia like Hanger Project or Butler Luxury

shoerejuvenator

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals, I am wondering which online Australian site sells quality hangers like the two mentioned online retailers? I am conscious about mailing costs, and thus would prefer to buy locally.

I note the sites hangersale.com.au and mycoathangers.com.au, but in glancing through these sites, they seem to want to cater to a wide demographic and I am unsure about their quality, i.e. cheap Chinese product.

If anyone could offer any advice or opinion on the topic of hangers, I would be very interested to read them. Finally, is there even a market for this in Australia?

Cheers,
James.

Last edited:

Highlands

Reaction score
Howard's Storage World does sell some cedar hangers, albeit not cheap. Some large sturdy ones that are suitable for suits, around $12 from what I recall.

Would also be keen to know if there are other alternatives as well.

shoerejuvenator

Reaction score
Thanks for the lead. I see their hangers are made of 'lotus wood'? I am not a wood expert but I do recall reading on the Hanger Project that this is cheap wood option from China.

shoerejuvenator

Reaction score
Here we go. Trimly.com.au is venturing to introduce luxury wooden hangers into the Australian market. It's a coming soon page right now. Excellent.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed the 'quality' bit in the title.

But mei and picchi do solid, value for money cheap hangers.

I went to my local Mei + Picchi store a few years back and bought up a lot of hangers.

I'm very happy with them and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. They had quite a wide range - thick, contoured hangers with a trouser bar with integrated clip; thinner, curved hangers with the same sort of trouser bar and clip; thick, contoured hangers without trouser bar; thinner wooden hangers suitable for shirts; dedicated trouser hangers and more. Prices were very good, too.

Frankly, perhaps I'm not just enough of an iGent, but I really can't see the purpose in spending US$30 (AUS$40 at today's exchange rate) on a hanger. The Hanger Project and Butler hangers are finished in a high gloss varnish, whereas the Mei + Picchi ones aren't, but at a saving of $25 or more, I'm happy to go with the unvarnished option!

Edited to add: Just had a look at the Mei + Picchi website - they're selling their thick, contoured wooden hangers with trouser bar for $8 each.

Last edited:

shoerejuvenator

Reaction score
I was given a couple of Butler Luxury suit hangers from my bro who is working out in San Fran. I know hangers are just hangers but this is actually one of my favourite bits of kit. Not wanting to sound like I'm spruiking, I just appreciate the craftmenship and quality of material. It's handmade, the wood grain looks amazing, and I am hooked, pardon the pun. End of the day it is a luxury item so yeah, it does cost more than ones you can find in homewear stores; but I think it's a negligible investment if I'm paying upwards of $1,500 for a suit. You do get what you pay for. Hence why I am keen to see them in Oz! :slayer::slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads