• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buttondowns

greatfire

Reaction score
$100.00 max per shirt.

Any thoughts as to where I can get some good ones?

I like the slim/fitted shirts.

I plan on wearing them untucked with darker colored jeans (fit like chinos) to work.

Express? Banana Republic?

For up to $100.00 which buttondowns are the best for the money?

I know I have to spend more to get the quality shirts, but I think even $100.00 is too much.

Thanks for you help.

JOA

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Black Fleece on sale (for my $$$). They're 15% off right now, which makes them just a shade over $100.

Most forumites will probably recommend J. Crew on sale. PRL Rugby has some nice plaids BDs on sale.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear mostly slim fit/fitted shirts and I get mine from Benetton. There most expensive ones cost $70 but start at like $30. The quality is pretty good not the best but good.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My favorite fit actually comes from H&M's slim fit shirts. Maybe not the greatest construction in the world but they're cheap and I haven't found much that fits as slim.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on black fleece but what a little bit and they will be 50% soon enough.

dimshum

Reaction score
Try to get your hands on some Band of Outsiders on sale; at that point, it's definitely worth the price. However, if you're unable to do so, get some jcrew or BR shirts on sale and have them tailored. It's probably your best bet.

Casey

Reaction score
If you happen to live near a Barneys Outlet Store, You can find decent shirts with a slim fit for only $79, down from $145. I got one today for only $37. Unfortunately, there aren't too many locations.

I would also second getting BR of j.crew shirts, they can get pretty cheap when they go on sale. And they have somewhat slim shirts that you could probably get slimmed down if you really wanted too.

H&M shirts also fit very well for about $30. You can just buy a bunch and wear them less often so that they don't lost their shape I guess...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 140 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40