• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Button Up Shirt.

FreakyStyley

Reaction score
diesel shirt.
I recently got a diesel button up shirt.
Sorry I cant find it online for a pic, but I assume their kind of standard. Mine is greyish brown and has velvet symbols on it, and the cuffs are super long and the type that you would half roll up.
Anyways its sort of tapered, or tailored. I dont know the correct word
smile.gif

It goes skinnier towards the bottom.
Im pretty straight, im not skinny, but not fat. muscular. I could lose a couple pounds, but I dont think that would make a difference w/ this problem.
Anyways the shirt fits me perfectly up top, however the bottom button, maybe even the second to bottom button pulls a little. Im wonering if there was a way or stretching the shirt. a lil or something. Anything I can do?
I bought it on sale, so its non-returnable. when I first tried it on, I did so without thinking of buttoning it up.
So far I just wear it out with it unbuttoned, but I prefer the look of it buttoned up a lil.
thanks guys, any help is greatly appreciated!

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FreakyStyley
Sorry I cant find it online for a pic, but I assume their kind of standard. Mine is greyish brown and has velvet symbols on it, and the cuffs are super long

What you are describing sounds vaguely like the clothing of a wizard.

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
What you are describing sounds vaguely like the clothing of a wizard.
Bergdorf wins the thread!

FreakyStyley

Reaction score
well, I threw in the description of the shirt thinking maybe someone on here might know what one or style im talking about.
But anyways thanks for the help guys.
confused.gif

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, I threw in the description of the shirt thinking maybe someone on here might know what one or style im talking about. But anyways thanks for the help guys.
confused.gif

I think his point, although delivered hilariously obtusely, is that your description is too vague and we can't really help you with photos. That being said, I'm going to guess that the answer is negative:
  1. Examine the shirt.
  2. Imagine what a tailor would have to do to make it fit properly.
  3. Note that there is no extra fabric at the seams or otherwise to make such alterations.
  4. Post it on Buying&Selling.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im pretty straight, im not skinny, but not fat. muscular.
Oh, I bet you are. Look, it would be nice if you discovered sentences (and soft! perhaps moved on to paragraphs!), but that said, it sounds like the shirt doesn't fit you. If you're particularly muscular, slim shirts that are cut for skinny, non muscular guys aren't going to fit you. You'd find the same to be true of, say, H&M's slim cut line for anorexics on a budget (really, you'd think they already save so much on food, but...).

FreakyStyley

Reaction score
Alright thanks for the replies guys! Obviously I don't know much about clothing/fashion, other than my opinion on what I think looks good or not.
Ill take this to a tailor shop and see what can be done with t there.
Something that I have to learn to accept is that even though something looks awesome on the rack or manequine, it might not on me.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads