• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Button Change on Navy Suit

bgregg91

Reaction score
I have a mid-navy/ gray suit that I bought from J.Crew Factory. The buttons are currently black mixed with brown. I do not really wear brown dress shoes. I know that the buttons do not have to match the shoes and belt, but I was thinking about replacing the buttons with navy ones. Would you guys recommend that I keep the current buttons or do you think navy buttons will do me well.

Here are the buttons that I was looking at:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESIGNER-SUIT-BUTTON-SET-24-32-4-HOLE-HORN-EFFECT-DK-GREY2-WIRE-RIM-12-B-/190475655685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c593bda05

Here are the buttons. They are not as light as pictured.

Here is the full suit. Sorry about the quality, my phone didn't want to focus at all, but you can get a good idea of the color.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend you keep the buttons because the ones on there are perfectly fine, even if you only ever wear black shoes, and it's a hassle changing them.

TOstyle

Reaction score
FWIW, I agree with the above (and like the existing buttons better than your proposed choice). If you were going with some kick ass real horn buttons, might be a different story.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's