1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buttero sneakers quality and Buttero customer service

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ncroadwarrior2, Jun 20, 2016.

1. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior member

+1. The wrinkly areas on your Butteros, @ike_hiking_boots, look exactly like the leather of my CP Achilles after a few weeks of wear.

I am a little shocked though at all the bad experience people here have had with Buttero. I guess it's not so bad then the pair I was watching on Yoox sold out a few days ago. So far I only have a pair of woven-leather slip-ons, but haven't worn them a lot so too early to say.

Does Buttero still make Dior Homme these days? I have a pair of DH formal derbies the soles of which have been wearing faster than I would like for what DH charges.

2. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

There's a difference between creasing the leather through wear and leather with creasing already in.

My Feit lows, highs and bio trainers the leather is ALL perfect - not a crease to be seen.

3. ike_hiking_boots

I have CP Achilles and they don't have creases like the Buttero - after a few weeks of wear!

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The grain on Butteros is not the best, ime. I typically buy their suede boots, which don't have the same issue. I just like suede more.

Comparing them to Common Projects is not really and apples to apples comparison. Butteros are unlined and use a thick calf or cow leather. Common Projects use a thin corrected grain leather and are lined.

5. ike_hiking_boots

+1 I agree.

6. danilichti

danilichti New Member

I have 2 pairs of Buttero and not really had a problem with them so far. However, the rubber sole seems to be pretty soft and doesn't withstand a lot?

Does someone have both Buttero Taninos and CP's who could tell me how those 2 shoes' soles compare?

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The soles are both margom serena soles. They are identical if they are the same color.

8. ncroadwarrior2

ncroadwarrior2 Well-Known Member

I understand that better now. It makes sense for business but I guess it's definitely different when it's personal.

9. ncroadwarrior2

ncroadwarrior2 Well-Known Member

Update:

I took my Buttero sneakers to a local shoe repair business. They did a wonderful job repairing my sneakers. The owner was able to patch in a piece of leather to shore up the weak areas. I'm 100% satisfied and my sneakers actually fit better. I'll post photos when I can.

10. ike_hiking_boots

Anyone have experience with Buttero Tanino half sizes?

I ordered a 43 and a 43.5 and I can't see any difference between them - they even both use the same size 43 insole.

Maybe the half size option is just a marketing thing?

The new shoes are perfect BTW, no wrinkles.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  11. ike_hiking_boots

Anyoen know when Buttero started making sneakers (Tanino)? They've been around since 1974 but did they start making sneakers with Margom sole in response to the success Common Porjects had with their Achilles?

12. ike_hiking_boots

No one seems to know the asnwer to my question, but it does not really matter.

I ordered a couple of pairs of Buttero Tanino from Upumo, the all black version and the off white baby calf version, these are the ones with laces and are lined. Both pairs were perfect.

However when it's come to the white calf Tanino I've had nothing but problems. Out of 6 pairs I ordered over the summer, 3 were returned because of wrinkles, 2 returned because of factory faults and only 1 pair were perfect but I flipped them as they were a half size to big. I just ordered another pair in the BF Sales and again they have this problem with wrinkling in areas on the heal out of the box. I hear what peeps are saying that they will wrinkle once you start to wear them but the company, but the heal is a low stress point area, you would not expect to see wrinkling there. It appears this company a really low threshold for Quality Control. It's a shame because I prefer them to Achilles and if they they could could only get their QC up, improve their branding and marketing they could be far more succesful than their current place in the market.