Buttero sizing?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by slee1986, Dec 8, 2007.

1. slee1986

slee1986 Senior member

Thinking of buying the Buttero Laceup Workboots and was wondering if anyone could comment on Buttero's fit and sizing?

2. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

True to size to one half size large. If you're normally a 10, order a 9.5 (42.5) or a 10 (43) for a slightly roomier fit.

Dan

3. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

True to size to one half size large. If you're normally a 10, order a 10 (43) or a 10.5 (43.5) for a slightly roomier fit.

Dan

You're contradicting yourself. Why would you size up if they run a half size large?

4. amirrorcrackd

You're contradicting yourself. Why would you size up if they run a half size large?
    Meant to say a 42.5 or a 43. Edited above so no one gets wrong info. Thanks for pointing that out. Dan

5. gforce

gforce Senior member

I wear a 10.5 in Chucks and some lace ups, and I wear 42.5 in Buttero.

6. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Here's a funny update. I ordered the Buttero brown suede workboots Thursday night; I liked the sale price. Friday night I got a shipping confirmation, but didn't bother clicking on the FedEx link. Anyway, after reading this thread and doing some searching regarding sizing on Sufu, I opened the e-mail and clicked on the link to see that the boots were delivered today! Granted I am in upstate NY, but damn! So I ran out on the porch where they've been sitting since 2:16 this afternoon.

As far as the sizing goes, I went down a half to 9, and I should've gone down a full size. These things run BIG. I matched them to my Brando Engineers which are also a 9 and these are a good cm longer. Guess they're going back.[​IMG]

7. Calden

Calden Senior member

These do run big. I'm a US 9 in almost everything, which should be a 42. I ended up getting a 40. Granted I like my boots to fit snug, but damn. Is Italian sizing different than European?

8. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

These do run big. I'm a US 9 in almost everything, which should be a 42. I ended up getting a 40. Granted I like my boots to fit snug, but damn. Is Italian sizing different than European?
    What does a 40 equate to in US sizing? Should I even go down to an 8 instead of 8.5?

9. slee1986

slee1986 Senior member

I'm about a US size 10, you guys recommend I get them in 9 or 9.5?

10. v84

v84 Senior member

hey stylin, if possible could you post a pic of a comparison between your brandos and butteros??? Im interested in the shape, id like to get brandos but dont want them to look too cowboy..... id like to see them in relation to a fashion boot....

Yeah, I know im asking a lot.

11. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

I was in Barney's a few months back looking for boots and ended up buying the Buttero ankle boot. I usually take a 10 but had to size down - a lot - to a 41 1/2 - what's that in US - 8 1/2?

12. amirrorcrackd

I guess that it would seem it will vary from model to model. My 42s (I'm usually a 42-42.5) fit perfectly...

Try them on it you can, otherwise, looks like trial and error.

Dan

13. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I'm about a US size 10, you guys recommend I get them in 9 or 9.5?
    Definitely start at 9, but an 8.5 is a possibility.
    hey stylin, if possible could you post a pic of a comparison between your brandos and butteros??? Im interested in the shape, id like to get brandos but dont want them to look too cowboy..... id like to see them in relation to a fashion boot....

Yeah, I know im asking a lot.

I'll try to get a couple up later.

14. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

Anyone know where to cop some black workboots besides Barney's? I'm not crazy about the suede and Barney's only has a 10.5 left in black.

15. mikesduc

mikesduc Senior member

Anyone know where to cop some black workboots besides Barney's? I'm not crazy about the suede and Barney's only has a 10.5 left in black.

Call the individual stores. The workboot has been around for a while and they are restocked pretty regularly.