1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buttero, Japan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Dec 3, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

so i went on the japanese yahoo shopping area and found a bunch of butteros but all sizes 43 and below, i happen to be a 43.5 in buttero,

what gives, do the japanese have small feet so they dont order anything in 43+?

is there anyway to order one of the cool japanese butteros through any other site?

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

bump, anyone?

1 person likes this.
  3. Vaudevillian

Vaudevillian Senior member

I guess you are referring to the Buttero shoe brand (which is in fact Italian, although quite popular in Japan).

Buttero runs big, I'm a 40 in most cases but had to pick a 39 when it came to this brand.

To answer your question: the only shop that carries the brand online, as far as I know, is Por Vocacao: https://www.porvocacao.com/shop/brands/buttero/

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thanks man, but i know buttero is italian, and i also know they have Japan only really cool releases see here
    http://shopping.search.yahoo.co.jp/...&ei=euc-jp&fr=shp-prop&cid=&p=buttero&x=0&y=0

i am trying to figure out how to get one of those pairs but the page is in japanese

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

There's probably a good chance they don't have 43.5 over here, it's a 'big size' - not that there aren't Japanese dudes who dont take a 435, but its not common enough to sell. I can check and proxy the boots for you if you want.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

wow thank you, if you are looking for yourself and happen to see something that would be really cool. I assume you are in Japan? I visited tokyo a few years ago and loved it, would probably live there if i could

7. impolyt_one

Yeah I am here. What style boot are you looking for, if there is one in particular?

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yes i am interested primarily in the B2904/B2964 in black, 43.5, but may take the B1101 if those arent available.

please dont go out of your way for me but if you happen to shop for yourself and notice something then cool :D

9. impolyt_one

I'll give them a look and let you know. I can just call up the shop tomorrow, don't need to go.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

hey cool thank you

11. TheChefs

TheChefs Well-Known Member

Depends on shoe, but in Japan it's hard to find shoe sizes bigger than 43 or 44 depending on the shoe of your choice...

12. bryanayrb

bryanayrb Senior member

jp retail on butteros is so fucked. they drop to like $250-300 here on sale at barneys but consistently stay around the 60k yen mark in jp. sometimes drop to like 40k

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  13. impolyt_one

Didn't call today, was a bit busy, but I will call Buttero Tokyo soon. Anybody else want an item check while I'm at it? You guys interested in the Japanese Butteros should look into Premiatas too, similar scenario as Buttero I think. They seem to have a lot of models here whereas Premiata doesn't really enjoy a lot of success in the US because nobody has the line.

14. impolyt_one

alright, I called Buttero, I am gonna pm you sinnedk.

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Drew, I am looking for the same model in size 40. Can I get the PM too? (or sinnedk can you forward?) If the price isn't what I am expecting I will just wait for Motos :nodding:

16. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

why are these boots so much more expensive than Barneys ?

Anyways I am after the same in 40/41 or a B1101

17. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Everything is overpriced in Japan Drew will have better answers for that question. Another example is the price of Danner Mountain trail. $300 here, 650 in Japan lulz.
    But then, rich people buy all that Buttero offers even at that pricepoint, so they get all the good ones like the ankle height zip ups and weird colorways

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  18. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

I would love a pair of those or B1101s but at our going rates. I'm still kicking myself for sleeping on WhoKnewI's size 40 that he sold for only $250. I would have even bought the pair that was sitting on ebay Australia for a while with a $450 shipped BIN. Bought a bunch of CPs instead... :brick:

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

for the prices i'd go with something else, 800 for the japan butteros was the price