• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have those sandals in black.
I’m not a sandal person, at all, but I wanted something for quick errands and when it’s dumb hot outside. I like them. Sized the same as my other Buttero (44).
2FF0408F-63D9-4479-80CC-B0D366990689.jpeg

I also have some burgundy sidezips in a 44 that I’m trying to sell. Brand new in box. They’re cool but we’re definitely an impulse buy and I already have too much stuff.

1855A6E1-6739-4DED-9283-DD04762CCEFC.jpeg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another question on sizing: In most dress shoes I'm a US 10.5 / UK 9.5, which in my experience roughly equates to EU 44.

Got a couple of Tanino Lows from NMWA and, at their recommendation, sized down 1 to EU 43, and it worked out great.

Now, I see some models on sale at End. clothing, and they are listed in UK sizing. I'm guessing I'm a UK9, which they show as mapping to a EU 43. Would you agree?

Also see some sandals on their site - does anyone have any experience with those? I've honestly never owned a sandal like that, but I'm oddly intrigued... trying to think how they'd look with shorts at the beach. Any thoughts? UK9 as well? Think I like the tobacco most but unfortunately not available in that size.

Yes on the rest of sizing.

41L35W

Reaction score
Another question on sizing: In most dress shoes I'm a US 10.5 / UK 9.5, which in my experience roughly equates to EU 44.

Got a couple of Tanino Lows from NMWA and, at their recommendation, sized down 1 to EU 43, and it worked out great.

Now, I see some models on sale at End. clothing, and they are listed in UK sizing. I'm guessing I'm a UK9, which they show as mapping to a EU 43. Would you agree?

Also see some sandals on their site - does anyone have any experience with those? I've honestly never owned a sandal like that, but I'm oddly intrigued... trying to think how they'd look with shorts at the beach. Any thoughts? UK9 as well? Think I like the tobacco most but unfortunately not available in that size.
On the tanino low sizing, I am a US12 and I too purchased a pair of tanino lows at NMWA. They equated a US12 to an EU45 (some sites equate the 12 to a 46) and recommended I size down to a EU44. I did and they fit great. Today I just received another pair from END, also a EU44, and they too fit great. Sorry to complicate your decision!

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those dark brown Butteros have caught my eye too now. How are yours wearing in? Have any recent pics by any chance? Like those lighter brown in your pic too, are they a suede?

No recent pics. I'll snap one this week. The snuff ones are suede.

PSA, Miloh Shop has Buttero on sale. I'm digging the black hi tops!!

miloh_buttero.jpg

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No recent pics. I'll snap one this week. The snuff ones are suede.

PSA, Miloh Shop has Buttero on sale. I'm digging the black hi tops!!

View attachment 1198367
Was looking at those, and End has some good deals on Buttero right now too. Those dark brown from Miloh are the ones you have, correct?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was looking at those, and End has some good deals on Buttero right now too. Those dark brown from Miloh are the ones you have, correct?

Yes. Ordered earlier this year.

mattg1027

Reaction score
Picked these up from the END sale. Really dig them. Incredibly soft.

View attachment 1208469

Got the same pair and like them too, but found them a bit loose despite getting the right length. I think the issue is the rear/top strap not tightening enough, and I'm thinking i might be able to have another hole added to the end of the strap to fix it. There appears to be room without the strap going too long through on the other side. Anyone think that's a particularly bad idea?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No but unless you have a hole punch pay 5 bucks and have a cobbler do it properly. I had to do this on an old pair of birks as well.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm oddly attracted to the sandals as well. Are they any different than Birkenstocks?

if you really like them i'm sure you can make a case that they are. but to be very honest, there isn't really much difference. i've never owned birks because i never really liked the look of the cork footbed. these are a bit sleeker though. the footbed is flat instead of cupping the heel so it's a bit lower profile. the vibram sole is very light as well for what feels like a substantial sandal.

and with the END discounts came out to like $30 more than birks so i went for them. happy i did.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who besides Miloh Shop and I guess End is carrying Taninos these days? I forgot about the dark brown ones and now they are all gone!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Buttero webstore has them, YOOX has a lot, Tassinari usually has them but only have a pair of suede 44s now (but they’re dirt cheap).

THere are other places too, tanino should not be hard to find.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads