• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Added another pair of low's to the rotation, this time in Dark Brown courtesy of @grizzlygiant at Miloh Shop.

IMG_3953.jpg

mattw

Reaction score
Added another pair of low's to the rotation, this time in Dark Brown courtesy of @grizzlygiant at Miloh Shop.

I haven't had the time to post about it, but I recently did this exact same thing to replace a truly abused pair of Epaulets.
I live in brown leather sneakers of this style, its the closest thing I have to a style identity, and...
Holy ****, these Butteros are revelatory.
Something about the thick leather + no lining + rawhide laces, maybe? I don't know.
But my god I love them

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't had the time to post about it, but I recently did this exact same thing to replace a truly abused pair of Epaulets.
I live in brown leather sneakers of this style, its the closest thing I have to a style identity, and...
Holy ****, these Butteros are revelatory.
Something about the thick leather + no lining + rawhide laces, maybe? I don't know.
But my god I love them

Very well said!

My only issue is that I made the mistake of buying a pair of Ultraboosts this year and have found that nothing is as comfortable as those things. However, the Tanino Lo is probably the most versatile shoe in the world. I thought the snuff suede would fill that slot but the dark brown leather is something special. The leather is like boot leather. They are so substantial.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a pair of Buttero sneakers resoled? Today I found that the right shoe of one of my pairs split across the ball of my foot, both rubber sole and interior (but not the insert, of course). Seems a shame to throw away the leather just because the sole split.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people here take the same size for their Floyd size zips as they do for their Tanino sneakers?

I'm between sizes (40.5, or 7.5 US) but with my left foot having a high instep. I'm thinking about getting a pair of side zips but I always felt like the Tanino in 40 fits a half size too big for me unlike Common Projects, where I go down to 40 and it fits relatively fine. Finding Buttero in 39.5 is not easy either. I'm wondering if a 40 would be too roomy.

Last edited:

bencap

Reaction score
@KaleidoscopicK I can't comment on tanino sizing but this might help: I think it depends on the material. My calf Floyds are slightly roomy (but fine with added insole) even a full size down from my usual size (same as CP), but my suedes are snug in the same size because of the thicker material (they were even a little difficult to put on the first few times I wore them). I think you might be alright in a size 40 if they're suede, although I think you should probably order somewhere that allows easy returns.

Torchiere

Reaction score
How are the width and instep like for the Floyds?

I'm a brannock size US9E with high instep. I wear US10/10.5 in Nike, US10 in Adidas, 43 in VOR, 42/42.5 in dress shoes.

Wondering if I should size down to 41 (and risk it being too narrow/tight), or go tts 42 (and risk it being too long).

Thanks!

mattg1027

Reaction score
Another question on sizing: In most dress shoes I'm a US 10.5 / UK 9.5, which in my experience roughly equates to EU 44.

Got a couple of Tanino Lows from NMWA and, at their recommendation, sized down 1 to EU 43, and it worked out great.

Now, I see some models on sale at End. clothing, and they are listed in UK sizing. I'm guessing I'm a UK9, which they show as mapping to a EU 43. Would you agree?

Also see some sandals on their site - does anyone have any experience with those? I've honestly never owned a sandal like that, but I'm oddly intrigued... trying to think how they'd look with shorts at the beach. Any thoughts? UK9 as well? Think I like the tobacco most but unfortunately not available in that size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads