• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about placket vs no placket over the zipper.

Gonna pick up the terra this season after a sizing mishap with the fw terra.

you ****** i just noticed that, don't like that **** but i'll take it

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you ****** i just noticed that, don't like that **** but i'll take it
Past two SS collections haven’t had the placket. Odd the SS and FW are differ like that

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bencap

Reaction score
https://www.tassinarishoes.com/men/designers/buttero/stivaletto.html

This site advises to go TTS, but the consensus here seems to be to size down a size, or at least a half size. These are apparently lined, and there seems to be an unlined version as well. Would the difference between lined/unlined have an impact on size?

I'm a 41 in CP, 42 / US9 in most other brands. The site has both 41 and 42 in stock, so I'm hesitating on which size to order.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say 41. 42 Floyd fits me well as 42CP, 9.5 dress, 10 Nike.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to jump on that last pair of brown 44 Quentins on Singolare. $199 shipped was to low to pass up. Thanks to @troika for the link a few pages back.

bencap

Reaction score
Forgot to check back in and let you guys know that my Floyds fit perfectly (sized down one from my usual size, and same as for CP's), so thanks for the advice @troika @MGoCrimson.

My first choice was actually the mid-brown / terra (or tobacco?) brown suede, but couldn't find them anywhere on sale in my size. At 200 euros including shipping and taxes, I ain't mad to go with my second choice.

IMG_0580_zpsvay9cen3.jpg

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think those might look better without that cuff, or at least one less roll. Nice boots though.

bencap

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, I'm planning on wearing them with pants that stack a bit, or at least a break. Those jeans were what I was wearing when the package arrived.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to check back in and let you guys know that my Floyds fit perfectly (sized down one from my usual size, and same as for CP's), so thanks for the advice @troika @MGoCrimson.

My first choice was actually the mid-brown / terra (or tobacco?) brown suede, but couldn't find them anywhere on sale in my size. At 200 euros including shipping and taxes, I ain't mad to go with my second choice.

IMG_0580_zpsvay9cen3.jpg

Fantastic boots, congrats

brianoh

Reaction score
Just copped a pair of vinci sneakers for a song. Post up your on feet Vincis!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads