• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh forgot to add. Size 41. Everything is fine besides the instep.

Ah yeah, seems like you went down a full size too. See if you can find a 41.5 out there, it's a really good boot overall. Wonderful aesthetic.

The new Dalton boots look killer as well.

Screenshot_20210322-233016_Chrome.jpg

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah yeah, seems like you went down a full size too. See if you can find a 41.5 out there, it's a really good boot overall. Wonderful aesthetic.

The new Dalton boots look killer as well.

View attachment 1580025
Dalton looks the exact same as the Quentin but with an actually useable pull tab

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling my buttero Quentins black leather size 41 comes with box.

CarterH

Reaction score
Hey guys, another sizing question.

If I wear an 8.5 in Viberg 1035 last should I go with a size 41 or 42 Futura? 41.5 isn't available and I'd rather have them be slightly looser rather than tight

My feet measure ~10.5" each with socks on, which is just under the size 41 measurement on their size guide, but I have a wide forefoot so I'm wondering if sizing up is a good idea.

Thanks in advance!

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of of questions:

1) If I'm 11 in most sneakers, 11.5 in Nikes, should I go 43 for the Tanino?

2) Are there any American stockists? I don't want to deal with a potential overseas return

Thanks!

Pastafarius

Reaction score
Anyone have any sizing experience with the argentario suede loafers? I'm a 10.5 D on the brannock and they only come in full sizes. If I were to follow their advice to the letter I'd get a 43, but maybe I should go with a 42 since it's a suede that will relax with wear and a slip-on style? On the other hand the shape may be a bit tapered and crush my toes if I size down 1.5 sizes? really not sure.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, putting my Quentins up for sale. LMK if anyone wants a styfo discount.

Spex

Reaction score
Any experience or thoughts on the Aedi? I’m looking for some boots that could be worn from the fall, through the winter into spring. Are these essentially leather running shoes on a commando sole, or proper boots? I really like the look.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any experience or thoughts on the Aedi? I’m looking for some boots that could be worn from the fall, through the winter into spring. Are these essentially leather running shoes on a commando sole, or proper boots? I really like the look.

These are boots boots on what appears to be a comfortable sole. The style is called monkey boots. Leather looks to be corrected grain though, but not sure.

Spex

Reaction score
Now that I look at them, they are of the monkey boots style. I'm not sure about the leather either. This is where I was also wondering if Buttero typically uses high quality materials, considering the price.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a while for these Futuras to break in but really liking them

888FB501-E915-46DA-A8CC-30D100CB56C0.jpeg

iloveplaid

Reaction score
How are the width on the tanino? Are they generally similar to common projects or wider?

kristian2

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping to get ya’ll’s advice on the Floyd boots. Firstly, I know it’s old hat on this thread, but what size would you recommend for me? I wear 9.5 in Nike/Adidas/NB, 8.5 in Alden Trubalance, 8UK in Paraboot Chambord/Michael. I’m trying to snag the black leather ones, and it seems they’re sold out everywhere except the Buttero website in the sizes I’d probably need—unless anyone has any leads?

Also, what are the boots like in terms of durability? With proper care, are they a good everyday boot for getting around in NYC most times of year? Or more delicate? I mainly have concerns for the leather sole. Alternatives I’m considering include an RM Williams Chelsea, but I’d really love a side zip look.
Thank you!

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say 41 for you. They're fine for NYC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads