• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't see a lot of laceups, mainly slipons and mainly suede. I did find a pair in my size that still had the sticker on the bottom and appear unworn. With the discount and the new member signup, they came out to $69 shipped so I picked them up.

My first Real Real pickup. Virgin soles (the wear you see if from me). I didn't have any slipons so I guess it is good to have some in the rotation. Not bad for $69. No box but who cares.

IMG_20200708_201214293.jpg
IMG_20200708_201238961.jpg
IMG_20200708_201254123.jpg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the insole on those? One thing that forced me to sell my taninos is that the leather was too smooth on the insole and my foot was sliding around like all hell in there. Had to tie them too tight. Can't imagine a slip on situation going well for me.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the insole on those? One thing that forced me to sell my taninos is that the leather was too smooth on the insole and my foot was sliding around like all hell in there. Had to tie them too tight. Can't imagine a slip on situation going well for me.

Interesting. I have not noticed anything different with the insole from my other sneakers that have leather insoles. You may have been wearing a shoe too big for you. I usually wear a size 12 in sneaker and a 11 1/2 in shoes/boots. However, these things run quite large. Two of mine are size 44 which technically should be an 11. One fits almost perfectly and the other is a little tight in the toe. These I ordered in a 44 1/2 which should be about a 11 1/2. There is a little more space but I find the vamp on the Butteros to be quite tight so I have less heel slippage than in most of my loafers. I'm sure with wear and break in, it will mold to my foot.

Perhaps your feet are just not the right shape for these.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have low volume feet as well, and need to tie the Taninos rather tightly to avoid heel slip. I think they will wear in though.

Trit

Reaction score
buttero1.jpg

Got my second pair of Buttero for very cheap. Slip ons are a huge gamble online. But, hey, no heel slip and really nice quality. They have a weird rubber treatment over the middle of the sole I've never seen before. Like a rubber sticker, almost. I assume to help with grip until the soles scuff up. But also full leather insole instead of the half ones so, so many makers use. I always figure the glue on the half ones will always break down with the force of your foot being pulled out hundreds of times and I've been proved right before. But, yeah, solid shoes that fill a niche for me.

fredyfos

Reaction score
Hi, everybody, help me please. I want to order vinci running. I wear 10.5 us Adidas and Nike. The foot is 27.5-27.6 cm, and the insole is 28.5 cm. What size should I order from buttero? Should I order a size down? And does anyone have a photo of white vinci running on foot or irl?

Last edited:

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is End the best bet for Butteros these days? I like some of the suede makeups, and if the right deal came along I could be convinced to grab a pair...

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Realized that the two pairs of Taninos I enthusiastically bought this summer put pressure on my big toe, in a Hallux Valgus way. really bummer. Anyone (in Europe) interested in two pairs of hardly worn black taninos (one suede, one leather) in size 45, hit me up.

mosewala

Reaction score
A little tight around the vamp but I'm sure they will stretch given the nature of the leather.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The buttero site had these Cuban quentins in size 41 and 45 for like 300$ or something light, and I’m normally an 8.5-9 so decided to risk it and get the 41, and they fit perfect. Hard to get on and off, but when on they are nice!
824A137B-438D-44F5-94E2-FBB3B4AB6F8A.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody own the Ventura or Futura models? Do they fit the same as other buttero? Ie/ one size large

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody own the Ventura or Futura models? Do they fit the same as other buttero? Ie/ one size large

NMWA carried the futura model in brown and while i never actually pulled the trigger greg said they should fit same as tannino, so go 1 size down from your normal EU.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads