• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the size 8 suppose to be 41 at Barney’s?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks @notwithit

Been looking for a tan pair of side zips for a while. Hopefully these work out.

7% off at Ebates btw

I sized down one like CPs

Last edited:

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to buy a pair of vinci sneakers in 42? Light grey upper leather. Copped em and they fit well but I think 41 would be even better for me. If no takers I'll just return them.

I would say it's a little darker than the grey in the pic below but below is the product pic.

$250 usd shipped

242203_2.jpg

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@troika @notwithit did your floyds stretch out with wear? Just received mine and they're very difficult to put on and quite snug when on

Mine didn't stretch that much but they were also not very tight. I went with 42 to my usual 10D, and they worked well in width and length. The unlined shaft did stretch to where they're easier to put on, but I still have to use a shoe horn every time.

I don't know how far off the fit is for you, but there's a good chance they will stretch because of the softness of the suede.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I think it also depends on where they're tight. If they're a little snug across the instep or the widest part of the foot, you're probably fine; if they're too short or crushing your toes, they're probably not going to work out.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I thought maybe the NMWA Floyd were a different version given all the sizing disagreement but they look exactly the same

upload_2018-12-18_12-29-6.png
upload_2018-12-18_12-29-29.png

upload_2018-12-18_12-31-56.png
upload_2018-12-18_12-30-48.png

FWIW I got the current season black suede above and sized down to a 44 (from a US12 D), which fit perfect and is maybe a little loose if anything. I have regular feet (not wide, not narrow)
I'm looking for some dark brown leather now, came accross these burgundy (which I thought were brown) and think I might just kop them instead.
But if anybody has seen some dark brown leather Floyds in a 44 let me know. Otherwise I may settle for the burgundy or brown suede.

upload_2018-12-18_12-33-59.png

upload_2018-12-18_12-29-24.png

thomasB

Reaction score
So guys if I'm normally a US10/EU43 in shoes and wear 9.5D barrie last I should go for a size 42 in the Tanino sneakers ?

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was curious about those, too.

My first question...wouldn't that ledge on the heel of the crepe sole get caught on stuff?

Buttero as a whole has taken a HARD turn into fashion-styled stuff this season by the looks of it. Most of it is not my bag, but cool for them, and their Icon line is still super solid. I'm over leather sneakers myself (if I want sneakers I want performance or to not have to give a damn about them...if I want leather I want shoes/boots), but if I weren't, Carreras are some of my favorites on the market. And the Vinci beats Viberg, Our Legacy and the others in the Rollingait sole race.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly - I wanted to see how the layered soles hold up. One of the regulars in town has them so hopefully he comes through and I'm able to snag a picture here pretty soon. I, for one, am all for this very forward direction from Buttero, but it is nice to see them not sacrificing their bread and butter.

mavere

Reaction score
Anyone want to buy a pair of vinci sneakers in 42? Light grey upper leather. Copped em and they fit well but I think 41 would be even better for me.

So you'd say that one should size down ~1 from TTS with the Vinci model?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads