1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Buttero Appreciation Thread (pics, sizing, fit, etc)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by troika, Sep 20, 2018.

1. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior Member

Well, you know what you like

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Is the size 8 suppose to be 41 at Barney’s?

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Pretty sure, yeah.

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Thanks @notwithit

Been looking for a tan pair of side zips for a while. Hopefully these work out.

7% off at Ebates btw

I sized down one like CPs

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018

5. mythage

mythage Distinguished Member

Anyone want to buy a pair of vinci sneakers in 42? Light grey upper leather. Copped em and they fit well but I think 41 would be even better for me. If no takers I'll just return them.

I would say it's a little darker than the grey in the pic below but below is the product pic.

$250 usd shipped

242203_2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018

6. troika

troika Distinguished Member

Mine didn't stretch that much but they were also not very tight. I went with 42 to my usual 10D, and they worked well in width and length. The unlined shaft did stretch to where they're easier to put on, but I still have to use a shoe horn every time.

I don't know how far off the fit is for you, but there's a good chance they will stretch because of the softness of the suede.

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I think it also depends on where they're tight. If they're a little snug across the instep or the widest part of the foot, you're probably fine; if they're too short or crushing your toes, they're probably not going to work out.

8. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Distinguished Member

Yea, I've decided they're going back. Thanks for the help, guys.

9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

So I thought maybe the NMWA Floyd were a different version given all the sizing disagreement but they look exactly the same

upload_2018-12-18_12-29-6.png upload_2018-12-18_12-29-29.png
    upload_2018-12-18_12-31-56.png upload_2018-12-18_12-30-48.png

FWIW I got the current season black suede above and sized down to a 44 (from a US12 D), which fit perfect and is maybe a little loose if anything. I have regular feet (not wide, not narrow)
    I'm looking for some dark brown leather now, came accross these burgundy (which I thought were brown) and think I might just kop them instead.
    But if anybody has seen some dark brown leather Floyds in a 44 let me know. Otherwise I may settle for the burgundy or brown suede.

upload_2018-12-18_12-33-59.png

upload_2018-12-18_12-29-24.png

10. thomasB

thomasB Senior Member

So guys if I'm normally a US10/EU43 in shoes and wear 9.5D barrie last I should go for a size 42 in the Tanino sneakers ?

11. troika

troika Distinguished Member

Yes, unless you like athletic socks with sneakers, go with 42.5 then

12. shopcanoeclub

shopcanoeclub Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

13. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

I was curious about those, too.

My first question...wouldn't that ledge on the heel of the crepe sole get caught on stuff?

Buttero as a whole has taken a HARD turn into fashion-styled stuff this season by the looks of it. Most of it is not my bag, but cool for them, and their Icon line is still super solid. I'm over leather sneakers myself (if I want sneakers I want performance or to not have to give a damn about them...if I want leather I want shoes/boots), but if I weren't, Carreras are some of my favorites on the market. And the Vinci beats Viberg, Our Legacy and the others in the Rollingait sole race.

14. shopcanoeclub

shopcanoeclub Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

My thoughts exactly - I wanted to see how the layered soles hold up. One of the regulars in town has them so hopefully he comes through and I'm able to snag a picture here pretty soon. I, for one, am all for this very forward direction from Buttero, but it is nice to see them not sacrificing their bread and butter.

15. mavere

mavere Active Member

So you'd say that one should size down ~1 from TTS with the Vinci model?