1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Buttero Appreciation Thread (pics, sizing, fit, etc)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by troika, Sep 20, 2018.

1. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Distinguished Member

I've got two pairs of Buttero sidezips.

I first got these a couple of years ago. I like the cuban-ish heel. Initially I didn't love that they were kind of pointy and that the sole protruded quite a bit, but those details have grown on me.

[​IMG]
    I got these this summer on sale and I haven't worn them yet (no boot weather yet). Heel is lower and last more rounded.

[​IMG]

I sized down on both (40 from my usual 41).

2. Bolt

Bolt Member

I own a pair of sneakers, I think the qualit is great.

3. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior Member

Will I like Taninos if I otherwise swear by Diemme Veneto lows?

Also, what's the consensus on Tanino sizing compared to Venetos? Same or size down? (I wear a 41.5 in Venetos, and I definitely need that half size exactly.)

4. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Distinguished Member

Same here (brown suede sidezips, bought on sale, haven't worn, went down to 40). Jinx!

Also, was running around Florence over the summer and was excited to spy these right around the corner from the Duomo.

IMG_3926.jpg

5. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior Member

Here is my pair. Really like them and thought they would be uncomfortable compared to my Nike but they are great to wear

000525BE-BB0D-4981-82EB-A38B66404298.jpeg These have holes on sides so I need to buy another pair for winter

6. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

In my view, the best sneakers Buttero sneakers were the Slip-ons in Navy Raffia that NMWA carried a few seasons ago. Incredibly comfortable.
    [​IMG]

7. lifeinabox

Agreed and too bad they don’t plan on making them again.

8. lifeinabox

Also, Buttero Tanino + Nike/Converse insole = bliss.

[​IMG]

9. troika

troika Distinguished Member

Does anyone find that the sneakers fit a bit smaller than their boots? Or maybe tanino highs vs lows? I had a pair of highs about 6yrs ago (pretty dope pair, brown suede with a lug sole) and found them to be slightly too short

10. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

So for those of you with the Floyd’s how did you size?
    I know a few people said they weren't the usually “size down 1” of most buttero, but then others did size down just fine. And the buttero copy says to take one size smaller.

11. troika

I sized down one and they work well for me. I also size down for almost all other butteros as well. Usually a 10D US almost always, 9.5 barrie, etc etc. Went with a 42 and they fit great

12. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

It's probably best if you can try them on and exchange or return if they don't fit. I went TTS after trying on both one side down and a half size down. I have a fairly wide toe spread, so someone a more tapered foot shape might be able to size down.

I have the nude suede ones from NMWA. I think any other Buttero models I've take one size down. 11.5D in Alden Barrie, US 12 brannock, 45 in Floyds, 44 in other Butteros.

13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Yeah I don't think I can try them on. I'd be buying either the tobacco suede or black leather, both final sale and both only available in a size down from my brannock.
    @notwithit just curious - we're both a 12 Brannock, I've never owned Alden so no idea where that lies, but what size are you CP's? I know you have/used to have some.
    I'm pretty much a 44 in all CPs (RG Side zips, RG Bballs, bballs, achilles, retro achilles, achilles slip ons, derby shine....) I did take a 45 in the suede chelseas though

14. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I usually take a 44 in CPs. I've found Achilles to be a little narrow in the toebox, CP x RG Bballs to be about perfect, and recent chelseas to be toe-crushingly unwearable.

If you end up passing on the black leather ones, let me know and I may pick them up.

15. troika

More pics of the Floyds to get an idea of the toe box - I wouldn't say that it narrows, I'd probly say that it has some space to work with. I can take some pics with CP chelseas if that'll help out

ButteroLuccheseReddit-9.jpg ButteroLuccheseReddit-15.jpg ButteroLuccheseReddit-16.jpg ButteroLuccheseReddit-20.jpg ButteroLuccheseReddit-21.jpg ButteroLuccheseReddit-22.jpg